Complaint Review: Green Tree Servicing

• Submitted: Fri, June 06, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 06, 2008

• Reported By:Fairmont West Virginia
Green Tree Servicing
1400 Turbine Drive, Suite 200 Rapid City, South Dakota U.S.A.

Green Tree Servicing I obtained a loan from GreenTree Servicing a few years ago. I was having financial difficulties and they were very pressing for me to make payments of they would come and put me on the street. My husband passed away and I paid off the loan. They sent ma a 5,012 refund and then stopped payment on the check. Rapid City South Dakota

I obtained a loan from Greentree Servicing a few years ago. I had some financial difficulties along the way and they were not very understanding. They even called me numerous times in a day to attempt collection. My husband passed away and I received a life insurance payment by an account and was sent a book of checks. I made a payment to Greentree from this account by phone because they would not wait for a paper check. I was not aware at the time that the financial group that had the account did not process electronic checks. I made the payment one week and found out from Greentree that the electronic payment had been returned. I finally paid the loan off in full and was told be Greentree that I had a refund of 5,000 coming back to me. I asked them to check the account to make certain of the refund. The associate I spoke with put me on hold and had a supervisor review the account and then asked me to send a copy of my bnak statements. I felt this was an invasion of privacy and did not send them my personal information. I again had them verify that the loan was overpaid by 5,000. They send me a refund check for 5,000. I deposited the check in my account and made a donation in the amount of 2,000 to an organization. I then found out 6 days later that Greentree had put a stop pay on the refund check. My checking account was now in arrears. I called Greentree and was told it was my fault. How can that be, I asked. They then reviewed the notes of my account with me where I confirmed that returned electronic check and where I had sent a paper check to cover the funds and where I had also called to verify I had a refund of 5,000 and then turned the blame on the company that processes their electronic checks. I asked for a paper record of my account and was given a fax number and was instructed to send a written request to this fax number. I then asked to speak with someone in this department and was told they take no calls. I by this time, had spoken with 3 people. No one seemed to have an answer or was able to provide a record of my account. I was left with a 5,000 check I need to cover and no running account of my Greentree payments other than my records. I am now in the process of attempting to obtain a complete record from Greentree by the Attorney General's office that also requires a written record and request. Greentree certainly didn't wait for me to pay them but now they want a written request for them to pay me any monies due me. It amazes me that when they are owed money, they can threaten your home, your job and even call your family but when they owe you, you must file a written request and are then made to feel as if you are violating them. I feel this company is devious and practices poor business tactics. It's a shame that the country no longer belongs to the consumer.

Fairmont, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2008 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Tree-Servicing/Rapid-City-South-Dakota-57703/Green-Tree-Servicing-I-obtained-a-loan-from-GreenTree-Servicing-a-few-years-ago-I-was-ha-337735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Tree Servicing