Complaint Review: Green Tree Servicing

• Submitted: Fri, July 18, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, July 18, 2008

• Reported By:Siler CIty North Carolina
Green Tree Servicing
800 LandMark Towers, 345 St. Peter Street St. Paul, Minnesota U.S.A.

Green Tree Servicing Greentree Servising screwed up my mortgage payments, changed terms of loan, etc St. Paul Minnesota

My mortgage was taken out with GreenTree, who since went bankrupt, bought out by Conceso, went bankrupt again and then now back to being called Greentree.

In the 11 years I have had my loan:

Conseco posted my mortgage payments incorrectly

I was told I could not rent my property (my original loan papers said I could rent)

Was refused to sell my property, and GreenTree/Conseco refused even full payoffs from other financial institutions, for which the buyer was obtaining a mortgage for. All while they stated, that since they went bankrupt their intent is to hold all loans until they are paid in full by the original loan taker based on the full amortization table (ie stuck for 30 years with the mortgage)

Was refused to allow people to assume my loan. (my original loan papers said my loan was assumable)

Watched my Prinicial Balance grow instead of decline.

I have been sworn at by conseco employees.

Was told there is nothing I can do about the time before conseco, with conseco up to now about the incorrect posting of my payments - because they cannot go back and refigure interest accruals for 11 years, and if they did I would owe more than I do now.

my neighbor went through the same hassle, he rented out his place and was then told he owed more money due to renting it out. He ultimate got sick of fighting, left the keys on the counter and told them he was vacating, for them to foreclose, and to not come after him or call him for more money. He owed $60,000 on his house, Greentree auctioned it off for $58,000 and then tried to get another $10,000 from my neighbor for fees during the auction period.

greentree would not even let me nor my neighbor refiniance, and has blocked all sales or refinance attempts - this also included my trying to refinance with another mortgage lender while trying to upgrade to a full modular home. Greentree would not accept payment.

No realtor will even touch the property for listing, since the note is held with Greentree.

Ripped-off
Siler CIty, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2008 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Tree-Servicing/St-Paul-Minnesota-55102/Green-Tree-Servicing-Greentree-Servising-screwed-up-my-mortgage-payments-changed-terms-of-352789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Tree Servicing