Complaint Review: Green Tree

• Updated: Mon, August 15, 2011

• Reported By: Jenny — Fenton Michigan United States of America
Green Tree
PO Box 6172 Rapid City, South Dakota United States of America

Green Tree makes 3 to 5 harassing phone calls a day even if you are only 1 or 2 days late with your payment Rapid City, South Dakota

*Consumer Comment: Hey, Jack Fitz.

*Consumer Comment: I would think most non-bank lenders do this

*Consumer Comment: To the first Rebuttal

*Consumer Suggestion: Here's an easy way to stop the calls...

I am a substitute teacher and my husband is a disabled veteran.  We have 2 kids so we are on basically a fixed income and are doing the best we can.  Green Tree will start calling the first day our payment is late.  They will call 5 to 6 times a day calling every number they have.  Our payment if  has very rarely been over 30 days late but they will call and threaten to take our home.  It may not be much, it's a single wide modular home, but at this point it's all we have.  I know that they want their money and like I said they get it before the 30 days mark even.  But I don't understand the 5 to 6 harassing calls a day.  I don't understand why they would try to bully me by threatening to take my home from my children and my mentally and physically disabled veteran husband.  They are never willing to work with you they just keep the threats coming even when you call and tell them that you you have mailed the payment or when you are planning to mail the payment.  I thought I was alone on this until I looked on the internet and found that this is what they do.  They bully people into making their payments.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2011 03:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Tree/Rapid-City-South-Dakota-57709/Green-Tree-makes-3-to-5-harassing-phone-calls-a-day-even-if-you-are-only-1-or-2-days-late-758311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Tree

Hey, Jack Fitz.

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Thanks for the grammar lesson, but here's a little tip for you...take a course in reading comprehension 101, you truly didn't get it.

Heres' a quote from the OP's article,

"Our payment if  has very rarely been over 30 days late but they will call and threaten to take our home."  Does very rarely been over 30 days late mean the same as NEVER been over 30 days late?

You need to engage brain before typing fingers.

I've got a hunch I'm not the dumba** here.  ;)

I would think most non-bank lenders do this

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

I would think most of Green Tree's competition does the same thing. And we're not talking about a regular loan here, it's their mortgage, and obviously a sub prime mortgage. Whining about Green Tree's practices on this site, or commiserating with the OP is not going to fix the OP's problems. When the OP can't meet her due date, she's still going to have to deal with the grief engendered by being late. That she's been late over 30 days even once is more than enough to trigger Green Tree being on top of her like glue. The way you took up for her, you'd think Green Tree owed it to her to be her lender regardless of the credit risk. They do not owe it to her. Yes, it would be nice if Green Tree could act like humans instead of animals when dealing with folks who have shown they will eventually pay and catch up, instead of adding needlessly to their grief, but they won't, and they do not have to. For all those who play the "disabled vet" card here under similar circumstances, y'all really need to get on your senators and congressmen as to why they can't provide some kind of safety net to ensure you don't end up out on the streets. I would say that the OP and her family, living as they are in a single wide, ought not be allowed by the government to fall below their present, very minimal, living conditions. I can think of a lot of government waste that can be cut to at least provide that much of a minimal entitlement. As for Green Tree, maybe a really good SOB of a lawyer can go after you for causing any serious medical condition that befalls either of these 2 unfortunates, claiming your harassment caused it, so why doesn't your company have some sense and know when to wait a bit before acting like the a-holes most of your collections dept probably are?

To the first Rebuttal

AUTHOR: JackFitz - (United States of America)

Hey dumba**, it's comment "implied".  You "infer", she "implies".

You either work for this company, or you know nothing about them.  She admits in her message that they have had problems with finances, but she has never gone past the 30 day mark.  Most institutes will work with the consumer as long as they are actually getting their money.  Green Tree is not one of those companies.  They have a history of predatory practices, as we see here.

Given the choice between feeding her two children and having Green Tree's money to them promptly on the 1st of the monthe (rather than within her grace period), I side with her on feeding her kids and making Green Tree wait for their check a couple extra days.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Here's an easy way to stop the calls...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

make sure your payment is on time....see, problem solved.

If you're having that much trouble making the payments on time, perhaps it's time to move somewhere less expensive.

It is NOT the lenders fault when you're late.  Your article infers this has happened on more than one occcasion and sometimes over 30 days late.  It's totally irrelevant to your Ripoff Report and to the lender that your husband is mentally and physically disabled and you have two kids....by law they are allowed to press for their money and failing that, you may find they WILL "take your home."  "The check's in the mail"  is an old, old delaying method familiar to your lender and it makes no difference to them.

Some people need to be "bullied" into making their payments on time. This is NOT a Ripoff.

All that being said, good luck with your decision on what to do.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC