Complaint Review: Green Tree

• Reported By:orange Virginia
Green Tree
GreenTree.com Internet U.S.A.

Green Tree I am confused about Internet

Ok, I read the posts and here's my issue. If GreenTree is a manufactured housing lender. How did they get my loan? I started out with countrywide then to Impac then to Ocwen now GreenTree.

I got behind on my mortgage because Countrywide was holding an excess of 500.00 amonth in escrow. for taxes and insurance. Which the total of both is like on 2000 a year. It blows my mind that I had 7000.00 in my escrow and they hadn't paid my taxes or insurance. During this conflict they sold my mortgage to Ocwen, who politely told me I didn't have an escrow account.

I had to go thru so much, I am on disability and I almost had a breakdown over this situation. I had to get my sister to help me handle this. So we finally got this taken care of. But instead of refunding any money to me they took just took the money and applied it to the loan. I don't even know what went where. I won't even pretend to be accounting savvy.

So they told me they caught up the loan and I didn't have to pay a payment for a couple of months.
February was when it was due. My husband missed 3 weeks of work due to surgery. so we were late that month. they sold our loan to GreenTree during this time. When GreenTree got the loan they said Ocwen had down I bounced a payment. WHat?! Yeah this is in July 2008. suppossedly it bounced in April 2008. Why wasn't I told. I just didn't realize it if it is so. So everything snowballed. Let me also mention, that we were told that our arm would never go past 10%..NOT!!!! We also found out we had a penalty to refinance early.So we could do that. Now back to the arm it can go as high as 13.5%..... Which would make our payment up to 3000.00 amonth for just the 1st mortgage. My second is held by EMC. Why a second? because we had to get a 80/20 loan. AAAHHHHHHH what in the world is going on here.
Yes now we know about the predatory lending! we just thought we were lucky. they made us feel like they were doing us a favor to give us a loan.

I should have said no at the closing when our house payment jumped from 1400.00 to 1830.00. But we needed a home so badly, we said okay.

So I worked with a gentleman named George, who I have to say was very nice and was able to defer some payments to help us. He also sent our file to LossMit. I talked to Denise today and she told me that our rate would be fixed at 9% for the life of the loan. Payments are 1795.00, 234.00 is escrow. This is still high, but its better than 3000.00 a month. So I am trying to hold on to my house and don't know if I can. Now I have to try to catch up on all my other bills I neglected while trying to straighten out this mess.
Pray for me.

Starlight
orange, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2008 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Tree/internet/Green-Tree-I-am-confused-about-Internet-369038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Tree