Complaint Review: Green Tree

• Reported By:Escondido California
Green Tree
Nationwide U.S.A.

Green Tree ripoff Harrasment Don't have account!! Nationwide

I got a new phone number 4 months ago and apparently someone with a Green Tree account had my number previously to me. I have received harassing and even threatening phone calls and voice mails. I have also contacted the company 6 times. (They do not have a way to just speak with an operator you have to pretend to be a lawyer just to get through to an operator. The only other way is to type in your account number, WHICH I OBVIOUSLY DO NOT HAVE!!!) And asked them to remove my phone number from their calling list, that I had no knowledge of the person that they are trying to reach.

I still get 3 voicemails a day from this company! Each time I have been told that my phone number was removed from their lists and that they "apologized" for the "inconvenience" I have used 250 of my anytime minutes just trying to stop the phone calls from this company. And they still won't stop! I have talked to the operator, customer service rep, costumer service supervisor, account manager of the account my number is attached to and the account supervisor, all to no avail.

What options are left for me to get these vultures off my back? Do I have any options or do I just have to "deal" with it? Please Advise! Thank you.

Joshua
Escondido, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2007 01:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Tree/nationwide/Green-Tree-ripoff-Harrasment-Dont-have-account-Nationwide-238674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Tree