Complaint Review: Green Valley Jewelry Henderson

• Reported By: smplatt — Henderson Nevada United States of America
Green Valley Jewelry Henderson
2700 N. Green Valley Parkway #H4 Henderson, Nevada United States of America

Green Valley Jewelry Henderson Clock Repair? Beware! Henderson , Nevada

I lost $275 to this clock repair shop.  My grandfather's clock was not running.  Took in Feb 2010.  Picked up 2 weeks later and paid for it.  It did not run.  Took it back.  No word from repair shop until mid April 2010 when I finally called and they told me it was ready.  I arrived and discovered that the owner lost the winding key to the clock and he then proceeded to use a different one to try to wind the main spring in the shop in front of me.  The main spring broke.  He said he would order a new main spring and let me know.  No word until July.  He said he was having trouble finding the spring (there are a TON of them on Ebay).

I became afraid that maybe my clock was going to be "parted out" so I went in and picked it up.  I asked him for part of the repair fee back which he said he would not give me.

I had also taken in a second clock shortly after the first.  A cuckoo clock.  It was running but would not cuckoo.  I picked up the clock in mid-March.  I was no better than when I brought it in.  In fact the owner had disassembled all the animation on the cuckoo clock.  The music box, the moving birds, etc.  Nothing worked.  I chalked that up as a loss.  It was $125.

Please be wary of having anything repaired at this shop.  Unless it is new or relatively easy to repair it will just get mutilated.  Now I have two non-running clocks and one is entirely worse for the wear missing the original key and a broken mainspring.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2010 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Valley-Jewelry-Henderson/Henderson-Nevada-89014/Green-Valley-Jewelry-Henderson-Clock-Repair-Beware-Henderson-Nevada-625583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Valley Jewelry Henderson