Complaint Review: Green dot Money Pak

• Submitted: Sun, January 09, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, January 10, 2011

• Reported By: francine — Baltimore Maryland United States of America
Green dot Money Pak

Green dot Money Pak Decline card activation number for 3 weeks and then when I call with receipt they say they have the money Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Green Dot Corporation

I am reporting green dot because first they make it extremely hard to redress issues by hiding contact numbers for customer care, secondly when I bought a softcard reloadable moneypak card from them 3 weeks ago, I gave the number to someone and it was declined.

I called them with the number and they told me it was declined. I told them the amount was $100.00 date and purchase place. They asked me if I had the receipt and I said no, I had thrown away the receipt. So they said that they could not help me with the receipt.

I went to the purchase place for 7 days before I could get the receipt. Once I got it I called and called the hidden 18669636219 number and told the person that I had gotten the receipt , gave her the same activation number, and she replies, Oh, Mrs. Johnson, your money is here , the card activation number is good, and tell me what would you want us to do. I could tell from her accent she was hispanic. I told her I would like to use the same number. She said I could not, I could transfer it to another card number( permanent number). She never once asked for any information from my receipt, and then after a long persuasive speech from me decided to give the cost of the card, two days later. They would have kept my money if I did not find the receipt

I went to the store and as I bought this new moneypak, I told the cashier to apprise every purchaser to keep the softcard and the receipt so as not to be ripped off by Greendot money credit cards.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2011 05:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-dot-Money-Pak/internet/Green-dot-Money-Pak-Decline-card-activation-number-for-3-weeks-and-then-when-I-call-with-680724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green dot Money Pak

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Green Dot Corporation

AUTHOR: Green Dot - (United States of America)

We truly apologize for your experience and that it took so long to resolve your issue. We assure you that MoneyPak is a safe and secure way to reload prepaid cards, make same day payments and add money to Paypal accounts. Thousands of customers successfully use this product on a daily basis. We do our best to disclose our contact information by providing a website and toll free number on the package itself.

We thank you for bringing this to our attention.