Complaint Review: Green dot corporation

• Updated: Thu, June 05, 2014

• Reported By: Trish — austin Texas
Green dot corporation
3465 E. Foothill Blvd Pasadena, Ca. 91107 Internet, California USA

Green Dot corporation Walmart money card, GE Capital Retail Bank, Green Dot Bank, Members FDIC, MasterCard International Incorporated, GoBank, Bonneville Bank Green Dot Walmart Moneycard Mastercard holding my money hostage Pasadena California

I checked my mail and found a letter from Green Dot Corporation (Walmart Moneycard). The letter was dated January 9, 2013, and stated that my card was used at Target duing the time of the security breach. Here is what some of the letter entailed.

"While your card information may still be secure, in order to you from any possible future fraud, we are sending you a new card. You should recieve the new card in 2 weeks.  You will still be able to use your current card until you receive the new card."

I attempted to use my pre-paid Walmart Moneycard to make an online purchase today. My card was declined. I checked my online account and discovered I had $857 available. I called Walmart Moneycard's customer service. The automated system informed me that I had a few transactions declined due to an 'invalid expiration date'. I did not have an invalid expiration date.

I spoke to several representatives and supervisors. [continued below]....

.....  5 out of the 6 had very thick accents and were difficult to understand. They told me that despite the letter stating I would be able to use my card, that I would not be able to use it OR access any of my money until I recived a new card.  One rep told me it was mailed out on the 6th. One rep told me it was mailed out yesterday. Another told me I would recieve it in 8 to 10 business days.  Two reps told me that it had not been mailed out at all.

This is causing an extreme hardship on my family and I, as I am a single mother and the money on my card is my only financial means.

I am thuroughly disgusted by the way this was handled by Green Dot, and dissapointed that Walmart and Mastercard are associated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2014 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-dot-corporation/Internet-California-91017/Green-Dot-corporation-Walmart-money-card-GE-Capital-Retail-Bank-Green-Dot-Bank-Members-1116112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green dot corporation