• Report: #620631

Complaint Review: Green dot pre-paid debit card

• Submitted: Tue, July 06, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, August 04, 2010

• Reported By: Miss. CEO — Irving Texas United States of America
Green dot pre-paid debit card

Green dot pre-paid debit card Greendot Green dot corporation Green dot credit card Closes account, holds money then blocks calls, emails & questions! Internet

*Author of original report: Well finally after 2months... I got my check!

*Author of original report: Bad bad business... spoke with greendot!

*Author of original report: Still waiting... hmmm!

Well I tryed green dot after seeing a commercial.. and I can say I wish I would not have! First my funds were place on hold with out notification. (And I was traveling with hotel fees pre-authorized to be refunded to this card.) After speaking with green dot my card was re activated for 2weeks. (I was told I had unusual transaction and They don't allow business transactions, so they decided to close my card because I paid for rental cars, hotels and made internet purchases.) Well that still was not a problem because I contacted Western Union I got another card.

Where the problem came was when they close my card, I had a refund that posted the next day for $206 and I have been calling emailing sending questions requesting a call and I get nothing. The phone systems hangs up without letting me speak to customer service. ( I have tryed.. several times.) The questions get a responce that states call green dot they need more information and The call requested... I have not received. What a company... bad thing is... this is all green dots process.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2010 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-dot-pre-paid-debit-card/internet/Green-dot-pre-paid-debit-card-Greendot-Green-dot-corporation-Green-dot-credit-card-Closes-620631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green dot pre-paid debit card

Well finally after 2months... I got my check!

AUTHOR: Miss. CEO - (United States of America)

I had to call greendot and have them re-issue, another check, just last tuesday. I had to have them go over the address a few times to make sure the check went directly to my PO box.

Well it did!!

Funny thing is that when I went to cash the check... The issuing bank was Wells Fargo. (So it was $7.50 to cash it or have the fee waived if I opened an account.)  So I went in and there we went, back in the back system. Thanks to greendot. (LOL) Had I never had so many problem with their prepaid card, I would have not went back to the bank. However to be fair, Greendot, Netspend and the 7 eleven prepaid cards were all pains and rip-offs. Only great apple is Western Union prepaid. Thanks again for the information greendot.

XOXO...

Bad bad business... spoke with greendot!

AUTHOR: Miss. CEO - (United States of America)

Well when I spoke with the first green dot representative (two weeks ago... ten business days ago.) I requested that the check for $206 be mailed to my PO box to avoid the excuse of it got lost in the mail. Well funny... it's lost in the mail. I was informed yesterday that the greendot confirmed the PO box address and confirmed to send it to the PO box but didn't! They sent it to the other address. However, I had all my mail transferred 2month ago to my PO box. Still nothing! So I am just going to see how long it takes to get to me. Good luck to all who try to do real business around this company.

Still waiting... hmmm!

AUTHOR: Miss. CEO - (United States of America)

Well I got three calls from this Company on Wednesday(7/21/10) it will be two whole weeks! The first employee answered the questions, change somethings and said a check was being sent out that day. Also she stated give 7-10 business day. Well 9 business days later... and two more calls from green dot. (One call was to resolve the same issue and I told the lady someone had already called, so she checked and stated it was taken care of. Then another call, which I missed and a message was left with a call back number.) However my account was closed on the 27th of June and I still don't have the $206 the was posted on the 28th of June. I wish everyone else the best with company "greendot".