Complaint Review: Green mountain Energy

• Updated: Mon, September 09, 2013

• Reported By: Jordan — Fort Worth Texas
Green mountain Energy
1255 W 15th St #100, Plano, , TX 75075 USA

Green mountain Energy Fraud , deception , charging me for a month of service when I'm no longer under contract and am using another company . Tarnishing my credit and overcharging me on false terms. Refused to let me speak to a manager . Disrespectful and wasted my time . Charged me for a whole month I wasn't using them and are raising the amount daily . Www.greenmoumtainenergy.com Nationwide

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Re: Your Complaint

My name is Jordan B****. This report is about Green Mountain Energy (www.greenmountainenergy.com. when I got my own apartment , which is a tiny little one bedroom apartment keep in mind , I had to choose sn electric company . I chosto agree to  a one year set rate-plan of $76/month. I had no problems until the after the first 7 months.  When I received my bill on 7/01/2013, it said I owed $147.02.

confused, I called to find out why. After waiting 30 minutes to talk to a representative a gito finally picked up the phone and I explained my confusment . She proceeded to tell me that my bill had raised "due to summer heat , and the fact people use more electricity in the summer . She told me that I was on a variable rate plan and I proceeded to explain to her the plan I had signed up for and got no where. So I just sucked it up and paid it . The next month I took extreme measures . I only ran the air conditioning long enough to cool my apartment then would turn it off till it got hot again. I watched less tv, and made sure all the lights were off during the day .

on 7/31/2013 , I received my next bill . I was exasperated to see that i was now being charged $235!! How is that even possible ! My dad doesn't pay that in his 4 bedroom house in California ! And I live in a one bedroom apartment in texas and took extreme measures to cut down on my cost , but instead it went up almost $100. So then I called again only to go through the same bogus conversation with another representative. Then I started searching for a new electric company .

On 8/1/2013 , i ended my contract with Green Mountain because i was so disgusted by the exoerience and their horrible non-concerned customer service. I signed with Ambit energy On 8/4/2013.

I went on a trip to California for 2 weeks leaving all my lights fans and air conditioning off in my apartment , and when I returned from California on 9/4/2013, I checked my mail pleased to see that Ty eoectric bill from my new company ambit was only $20 for the month.

But then I opened up another bill from Green Mountain Energy, confused why I was being billed by a company I no longer use. And on top of that they are charging me $279.79 for a whole month of energy that I didn't even use under their name .

I called again to try to explain all this to a manager and see what was happening, and the girl wouldn't even let me speak to a manager. I couldn't even get an honest explanation for the bill other than them saying "it doesn't show you paid your balance for the month" .

No shit ! Because I don't have a balance with your company anymore ! Remember when I cancelled my contract with you guys because of your horrible service !? That means I'm no longer a customer of your service, therefore you can not legally charge me !

Then every day since that conversation, which ended with me telling the girl who wouldn't let me speak to a manager that I am suing her company, I've now been receiving warning letters Saying they are reporting me to a collections agency and it will affect my credit score . How can they even do this to me !?? I don't have extra money to just hand out to these greedy deceiving imbeciles. I'm livid and feel so taken advantage of !

Please help me pursue legal action ! I want to make this company suffer for their evil atrocities !

Thank you to anyone willing to help me

(((phone number redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2013 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-mountain-Energy-/Plano-TX-75075/Green-mountain-Energy-Fraud-deception-charging-me-for-a-month-of-service-when-Im-no-1082952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green mountain Energy

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Re: Your Complaint

AUTHOR: Green Mountain Energy - ()

Jordan,

We're really sorry to hear about this experience. Please contact us at 512-691-6336 or tracey.adams@greenmountain.com to get this issue resolved. We want to address this.

eventually