Complaint Review: GreenGeeks

• Submitted: Fri, April 06, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, April 19, 2012

• Reported By: greengeeksrippedmeoff — Nanaimo British Columbia Canada
GreenGeeks

GreenGeeks Billed for two non existent accounts. Will not return money. Ignores requests for resolution of issue. Internet

*Consumer Comment: 100% Agree with this Report

*Consumer Comment: Couldn't agree more. GreenGeeks is terrible

I have been ripped off by this company. I tried to set up an account months ago... and during the initial process you pay the fee and then wait for approval. They did not approve my account, presumably because I did not want to give them any more personal information about myself. That is fine, no worries... but I WAS expecting a refund because I received no services from them. Instead I received an email stating that I was denied an account, but they still kept my money. Not only that, they billed me twice.

I made approximately one half a dozen attempts at resolving it via their online help. They kept asking me to submit tickets and to wait for a response. I never received any response. I stopped submitting tickets at the third request. Each time I contacted them afterwards they seemed to have no record of the tickets submitted or at the very least, reference to those ticket numbers resulted in no forward movement in resolving my case.

When I warned them via email and online support that I would go to the authorities they ignored me (email) and then brushed me off (online support). I have a copy of my last online conversation with GreenGeeks support where he essentially brushes me off again despite my attempt at getting some kind of reasonable response from him.

I was quite frustrated as this conversation was basically the same waste of time and energy that I had expended in my previous attempts to resolve this with GreenGeeks support. Apologies for my underlying frustration... but here is a very relevant portion of the conversation:

----------------------

you: is there a reference number for my refunds
Vance K.: No, there isn't any reference#
you: so how am I to know anything is different from the last 4 times I did this?
you: throw me a friggin bone here
you: why does it take 2months for a refund?
you: i need info.
you: more the better
you: cops like info.
Vance K.: I have talked to our sales team manager and he has provided me the above information
you: what is his name/agent #
you: contact info.
you: refernce to my file
you: investigation etc
you: need all that
you: waiting...
you: ....
you: .....
Vance K.: Wait a sec
you: I've only been waiting over 2 months... perhaps in light of that you can slightly understand my frustration in dealing with GreenGeeks
Vance K.: There would be no reference#.
Vance K.: Our sales manager name is Josh
you: so I should tell the RCMP that "josh" at greengeeks says that I will get a refund for two charges... from one week from now?
you: am I missing something here? is this all the information on my case you can provide?
Vance K.: Yes, that's right.
you: i'm at a loss
you: to understand what is happening here
Vance K.: One sec
you: 19:47
Vance K.: I would suggest you to create a new ticket at billing@greengeeks.com and I would request the concerned dept. to email you back with the specific details on when you will receive your refind
Vance K.: *refund
you: do you understand that that is what I was asked to do previously
you: and I did
you: there are two or three tickets for me floating about your system
you: am I to create the 3rd or 4th one?
you: will this help?
you: or hinder?
Vance K.: Yes, that would definitely help.

-----------------

No refund, no word from them. An online search shows other people with similar issues regarding this company. I'm really at a loss as to how they can do this to people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2012 10:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GreenGeeks/internet/GreenGeeks-Billed-for-two-non-existent-accounts-Will-not-return-money-Ignores-requests-865113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GreenGeeks

100% Agree with this Report

AUTHOR: egmweb - ()

Hello All,

I would like to warn you guys to get into the Web Hosting GreenGeeks. I've signed up for a reseller account back on December and the service was the worse EVER.

The interruption of the service was all the time, the speed was the slowest and the Support terrible.

I've created a Ticket with them to have them to refund my money as they say 30-day money back guarantee.

I've got a reply saying that I needed to fill out a Cancellation form, which I did. That action created another Ticket number. Then I replied also that I wanted my account to be cancelled and that I wanted my money back.

Then they told me that I needed to send an email to [email]support@greengeeks.com[/email] which I did. NONE a single response.

After that, I received an email saying that the Ticket was redirected to their QA department and I would receive an answer shortly.

This week (February 2014) I've received an email from them saying that a new invoice was generated. I've went back to their site and checked the ticket and still no answer.

When I spoke to a chat operator they told me that they were waiting for my response all this time.

I couldn't believed that...

As of the end... because I told them that I will come to this forums and to the social media... they deleted all the tickets from my account... and also refused to refund me my the money.

Please take this story as a warning.... I feel completely mocked by this guys. Not only for the terrible service, but the way how they handle things to avoid refunding the money.

EGMWEB.

Couldn't agree more. GreenGeeks is terrible

AUTHOR: Justin I - (United States of America)

I actually agree with the complaint against GreenGeeks. I just had to cancel my account after a few too many reliability and performance issues. My request was that the prorated amount of my remaining service be refunded back to me and that we both part ways satisfied. Josh Dargie fielded my issue and maintained a 100% robotic standpoint, spouting text from their FAQ and terms as opposed to handling my situation on a case-by-case. He also put the entire blame of my issue on me, attributing it to being a target for hacker attacks. I admit that this did happen, once. But well after other performance related tickets were submitted and I did quickly remedy the issue once notified as it was a security issue with WordPress.

GreenGeeks is one of those companies where they will patch the problem for you and move on, but when you are completely dissatisfied, they fall back on their policy text to "divest" themselves of you. There are so many other cost effective options out there to choose from.

99.9% uptime is a fabrication by GreenGeeks.