Complaint Review: GreenTree Credit

• Submitted: Wed, July 06, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, February 20, 2006

• Reported By:Jamestown Kentucky
GreenTree Credit
Po Box 94710 Talatine, Illinois U.S.A.

GreenTree Credit ripoff harassment dishonest billing threats Talatine Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Charge them Lot rent!!!!!!!

My sister purchased a 14x70 mobile home in February of 2000 in Kentucky. My mother was terminally ill at the time and moved in with her. My sister was disabled and received $570 a month on disability. They included moms income of $590 so she could be approved for the loan.Every month they sent the payment of $160 but they would get calls demanding more money and threatening to show up that evening and throw them out in the streets. They called my home even though I had nothing to do with the mobile home and told me she was a "deadbeat"and if I didnt make the payment they would have throw them out and take all of their belongings.

My mother passed away in March of 2004 and my sister passed away in August 2004. I caught all the payments up and even double up on the payments thinking I would just pay it off since it was already on the property I had inherited. The third month i got a letter saying i was behind $600 dollars. I didnt understand that since I had paid it all up and even sent $400 that month. I'm no math expert but even I know thats more than double the $160 payment.

The guy's name was Trace and he called 18 times in one day.He even called on Saturday. He would start calling around 6 my time and call until around 8 my time. I imagined he must just do that job for the love of harassing. He called me a liar,told me he would have the sheriff to escort me from "his mobile home", even though it was my property! He also told me he would be there the next day to get his home unless i wired him $80. I told him to come and get it because I had my own home and I didnt need it anyway. It's going on 60 days now and its still sitting in my yard. I have given them directions and everything and not only will they not get it but I cant ever talk to anyone that doesnt transfer me to Trace and he is the rudest human being I have ever talked to on the face of this earth. IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING DEALING WITH GREENTREE OR GREENPOINT DONT!!! BE AWARE THAT THEY ALSO TRANSFER YOUR ACCOUNT AMONG EACH OTHER WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND CHARGE YOU FOR IT

Melissa
Jamestown, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2005 08:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GreenTree-Credit/Talatine-Illinois-60055/GreenTree-Credit-ripoff-harassment-dishonest-billing-threats-Talatine-Illinois-148768. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GreenTree Credit

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Charge them Lot rent!!!!!!!

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

Melissa
Send them a certified letter and advise them you are charging them lot rent. What ever you feel is reasonable. I was the field rep for them at one time and have been to your town several times. People do it to them all the time. they probably didnt apply the money to the acct because your name was different. if you get the cashed checks and call back the checks will have an account # on them to where the money was placed and they can put it to your sisters acct!!!