Complaint Review: GreenTree Data/OAN Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, August 11, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, August 11, 2009

• Reported By:Rochester New York
GreenTree Data/OAN Services, Inc.
billview.com/oan/ Internet U.S.A.

GreenTree Data, GreenTree Data/OAN Services, Inc. Fraudulent chagres on Telephone Bill Somewhere In California Internet

I got my Fronter telephone bill with two new charges. One was from Key Voicemail and the other from GreenTree Data. I supposedly agreed to a trial service that led to a paid service for Voicemail. "Voicemail"? I have an answering machine and hardly use my home phone.

When I tried to resolve the issue, I had to call Fronter, who told me to call ESBI (a services company) who in turn connected me to GreenTree Data/Key Voicemail. I felt like I was playing 'find the queen'. When I finally got ahold of Key Voicemail I spoke to 'Ernest'.

As I explained to Ernest that I never signed up for the service, he told me about the benefits of Key Voicemail. I repeatedly said that I wanted to find out how and why I was charged for the service when I did not order it. Ernerst then became very nasty and told me that if I wanted to have the service cancelled I need to say "cancel my service". We went back and forth until I finally relented and asked to cancel the service, although I did not request it. I never got an explanation on how I got signed up for the service.

I called back Frontier and was told that if I wanted to block 3rd party billing they would add it to my account (For an extra $2+/month). It seems like no one could help me. It seems like since the economic downturn, everyone is looking for a peice of the pie no matter what they need to do.

Dukerochester
Rochester, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2009 04:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GreenTree-DataOAN-Services-Inc/internet/GreenTree-Data-GreenTree-DataOAN-Services-Inc-Fraudulent-chagres-on-Telephone-Bill-Som-478579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GreenTree Data/OAN Services, Inc.