Complaint Review: GreenTree Servicing

• Updated: Sat, November 10, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — Orlando Florida United States of America
GreenTree Servicing

GreenTree Servicing Harassing, uncooperative, ignorant, Internet

GreenTree is the WORST company in the world. I was unexpectedly laid off from my job at the end of September and the only breadwinner in the household. I attempted to contact Greentree for assistance with my mortgage payment within the first two weeks of the layoff and was told by the initial customer service rep that "there was nothing they could do" because it was a Fannie Mae loan. However, he suggested I speak to my account rep and put me to his voicemail. They never called me back.

However, on the day the account was considered delinquent (the 16th) I immediately began getting phonecalls from Greentree demanding payment. By this time, I had already filed for assistance from the Florida Hardest Hit program and was waiting for the application to be processed which we were told was 4 weeks. Daily, Greentree called demanding payment. We had to repeatedly explain to them our situation and that we had filed for government assistance but they claimed they had never heard of the Florida Hardest Hit Program (despite our being told by FHH that Greentree was an active participant in the program). More than once we were advised by the caller that there was nothing in their notes about our sitatuation.

Finally, I was able to scrape up enough money to pay for the one month we were late (Oct). Then, Nov. 6th we again began getting the phonecalls from Greentree demanding payment for the month (even though the delinquency date is the 16th).

Today, both my wife and I got into heated arguments with the woman on the phone who did not read our case notes before calling us and, again, we had to re-explain our situation. At one point, they suggested a post-dated payment for the end of the month whihch we could cancel if FHH approves our application. I advised her that we don't have the money and she asked "why? When does your pay period end?" I AGAIN had to explain that I had been laid off and that we had no revenue coming into the house except for unemployment which wasn't even enough to cover the mortgage and she acted as if she was unaware I had been laid off.

When I argued about checking the case notes BEFORE making the call, she became defensive and kept insisting they had to call us. I told her I wasn't arguing about them making the phonecall, but suggesting they review the case notes prior to speaking to the customer so they are aware of the situation and, perhaps, have a better series of questions to ask us in regards to collecting a payment.

In addition to everything else, I am two years ahead on the amortization of my mortgage and have always paid my mortgage on time, but they refuse to give me any kind of credit for being a "good customer" before losing my job.

As soon as I have an opportunity, I'm hoping I can refinance my mortgage with another entity other than GreenTree (which was never my choice to begin with)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2012 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GreenTree-Servicing/internet/GreenTree-Servicing-Harassing-uncooperative-ignorant-Internet-967368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GreenTree Servicing