Complaint Review: Greenball Tire Corporation

222 S. Harbor Blvd. Ste. 700 Anaheim, California United States of America
  • Phone: 714-782-3060
  • Web:
  • Category: Trailers

Greenball Tire Corporation Wendi-Claims department Defective tires Anaheim, California

*General Comment: My Greennball Story

I purchased 4-Greenball Towmaster tires load range E aproximately 1.5 year ago.The tires have around 3000 miles on them.I cover them check air pressure before every trip.I had my first blowout in November 2012.Tire did minor damage to the trailer,filed a claim with Discount and they passed it to greenball.Wendi contacted me and I had her send a replacement tire.Went on another trip at the end of December 2012.On the way back 2nd tire blows out.This time put a hole in the floor,damaged the insulation,bent a metal support and ripped the trim piece around the tires.Did a 2nd claim and got the call today that Greenball denied the claim.Reason was it was a impact blowout.I was on I-10 when this happened.So thats it,no check for the tire,no fixing my trailer.I was told to JUST call my insurance company.Oh so I get to pay the deductable,I get to have a claim on my insurance and if this keeps happening my rates will go up.I know of 2 other people that had these same issues.How many Greenball blowouts are there out there? How many insurance companies are paying for Greenballs poor quality tires,and refusing to honor there warranty?On a positve note Discount did replace my remaining 2 other Greenball Tires.I now have Carlise on my tire.Discount informed me they no longer sell Greenball tires.

Hope this prevents people from buying Greenball tires,there dangerous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2013 10:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greenball-Tire-Corporation/Anaheim-California-92805/Greenball-Tire-Corporation-Wendi-Claims-department-Defective-tires-Anaheim-California-998905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greenball Tire Corporation

#1 General Comment

My Greennball Story

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

A few years ago the dealer I was working for had a bunch of trailers on Greenball Imported tires.

They were warrantying what they had to and polite when they had an excuse to deny.

Then they changed hands. Then I got to deal with Wendi.

I reported one of there brands to the US DOT.

I then found out that the brand name means nothing, the same plant produces the same junk tire under twenty known names and DOT production Numbers.

This way they avoid having enough complaints to initiate a recall.

Greenball is an "IMPORTER" and as such they are dificult to prosicute or hold to account for this unsafe junk. They can point to an off shore suplier and claim the tires were rated and sold for the use they were sold.

So in the end what it will be a case like the "Ambulance Tire Recall" targeting Carlisle (if I remember correctly) imported tires a few years ago with a couple important difrences. Carlisle stood up and admited their role in the mess and helped with the recall. Carlisle had not intentionally imported unsafe junk under multiple Manufacturer identities to avoid tracking the junk.

By the way the Ambulance tires were light truck tires that were failing at high speed and because ambulances are a critical safety vehicle someone was tracking safety incedents.

Greenball and other importers of the same ilk have been doing this for slightly over 15 years that I can remember and no North American Government has done anything.