Complaint Review: Greenbrier International, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, December 07, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, December 07, 2010

• Reported By: Anthony — El Paso Texas United States of America
Greenbrier International, Inc.
500 Volo Parkway Chesapeake, Virginia United States of America

Greenbrier International, Inc. Dollar Tree Misleading frame sizes Chesapeake, Virginia

I purchased four picture frames from a Dollar Tree store for some photos I wanted to put up. One photo is an 8x10 and I have two photos that are 4x6. I know that purchasing a frame for a dollar would mean less quality and I was ok with that.

The problem occured when I tried to put the 8x10 picture in the 8x10 frame. This is when I realized that the picture was nearly the same size as the entire frame and much larger than the area for the photo. The largest display area is slightly less than 7x9 and if you used the included border for your pictures then the area is reduced to about 5x7.

I do not appreaciate being sold a photo frame that advertises one size when it is not that size. Had the frame simply said in the begining that it was 7x9 that would have been different since I would know that my photo does not fit in there.

I thought this was a mix up but when I checked the smaller frames they too were not the size they advertised. With the borders these 4x6 frames were actually 3.25x5.5 and without borders 4.5x6.5.

Additionally, I noticed the "4x6" frames advertised they were for "horizontal desktop display" when there is no support for this. They are infact for Vertical display only.

Thanks to modern technology I will be able to use these frames just not for the photos I had intended. I will have to do customized photo sizes just to use these frames. The extra cost of this will very likely offset the discount cost of the frames.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2010 02:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greenbrier-International-Inc/Chesapeake-Virginia-23320/Greenbrier-International-Inc-Dollar-Tree-Misleading-frame-sizes-Chesapeake-Virginia-669027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greenbrier International, Inc.