Complaint Review: Greendot Card

• Reported By: V. — Tunica Mississippi United States of America
Greendot Card
www.greendot.com Internet United States of America

Greendot Card Stole $500 Beware do not use them! Internet

*Author of original report: Contacted by customer service

My boyfriend works in another state so we have been using greendot cards when he needs to send money home. He would call me or text me with the reload number and then I would add the money to his card.

Well, at the end of April he sent me $500 toward our rent on the 30th. I added it to my card, but I did not pay attention to the fact my card was expired.

I will acknowledge this part of the problem is my fault. However the website did not warn me I would not be able to use the card and it showed $500 in my account.

On May 4th I attempted to use the card. It was declined. I called customer service the next day to find out why. I was told that it was due to the expired card and that I could not be sent a new card. I had to get mailed a refund check.

I was told this would take ten buisness days. I asked if it could be sent FED EX since it  was for my rent and was told no I had to wait on the regular mail. I agreed. After ten days I tried to call them. I was sent to a recording saying the refund was processing and to call back in ten days. Then it hung up on me.

On May 19th I was finally able to get a live person by calling and putting in my boyfriends account number. (Mine always got a recording then disconnected) I explained the situation and was told they never mailed the first check. I was told to wait ten days again.

I called back after ten days and was told the check should have arrived that it was mailed May 24th. It is now June 5th and still no check. On June 1st I was told they would FED EX the check to me.  (Remember I was told they don't do this in the initial phone call.) I got the address for the main office and have mailed a letter with my complaint as well as emailing the customer service representative listed on this website.

This company does not have a phone number other than the animated customer service line that gives you the run around. Beware they have stolen $500 from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2010 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greendot-Card/internet/Greendot-Card-Stole-500-Beware-do-not-use-them-Internet-610664. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greendot Card

Contacted by customer service

AUTHOR: V. - (United States of America)

After posting on this website, and emailing the contact email on this site as well as putting in an email on the Greendot website I was called by a customer service representative. He was polite and said they sent the check to the wrong address. I told him the customer service representative I spoke with never verified the address for FED EX only the mailing address which is a post office box. He took my physical address, and said he would Fed Ex a check and I should have it by the end of this week.  He said to call back if I had any problems. I will update this report as soon as I receive the check.

utopian