Complaint Review: Greendot Debit Card

• Updated: Thu, October 18, 2012

• Reported By: marbleceller — sulphur springs Texas United States of America
Greendot Debit Card
P.O.Box 1187 Monrovia, California United States of America

Greendot Debit Card They will help other companies steal you money for a kickback Monrovia, California

On 9/17/2012 A company(Directv) debited my account between 25 and 30 times as supposedly I had an outstanding balance with them.Not true, my business with Directv ended on 5/27/2012, their equipment was returned 6/4/2012 and I didn't hear another word until September when they began debiting my account.First, on 9/10/2012 they took $11.29 and then the 17th they emptied my account at Greendot to the sum of $48.05 (every dime I had in there).
I contacted Greendot the minute I discovered the debits and Greendot refunded the $11.29 instantly but I had to file a dispute on the $48.05,which of course I did. Keeping in mind that I had been with a new cable company since the end of May 2012 and was using the Greendot card to pay that bill, as I did with Directv, however,I was not then or now on autopay status as I pay month by month on all my bills.Autopay almost never works and I like to know when my money leaves my account so every company I deal with must have my permission each and every time I pay my bill.
After Directv debited my account between 25-30 times on the 17th, they finally narrowed down my account and drained it.This means that they were just putting in random amounts until they hit the amount that was approved,ALL I HAD!
Almost 5 weeks after I disputed the debit Greendot sends a letter saying it was a ligit debt and I'm just screwed.I NEVER authorized ANYONE  to drain every penny I had or Directv.Needless to say that I cut the card up because it is a matter of trust.I paid my bills with it and made usual deposits of between $500 and $750 every month so I guess I was lucky it was only $48. Still, burned is burned and I got burned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2012 06:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greendot-Debit-Card/Monrovia-California-91017/Greendot-Debit-Card-They-will-help-other-companies-steal-you-money-for-a-kickback-Monrovi-956553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greendot Debit Card