Complaint Review: Greendot Prepaid Visa Greendot Corporation

• Updated: Sat, November 28, 2009

• Reported By: Angela — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Greendot Prepaid Visa Greendot Corporation
Nationwide United States of America

Greendot Prepaid Visa Greendot Corporation Refused to REFUND money when misapplied to wrong card. Online, Nationwide

I have purchased moneypaks for awhile now, without incident. Yesterday, I purchased a card for $1,100 from Walmart, I called the 800-GREENDOT to apply the funds to my card and got the usual confirmation of the last for digits of my number.

Thinking nothing was wrong, I went to bed. I woke up this morning and checked my account. NO MONEY! I called Greendot and they are saying that the money was misapplied but THEY could not correct the problem.. WHAT??? I purchased YOUR CARD, I have all of my receipts and you can't correct the problem of a misapplied purchase?

The person answering the telephone even asked me, if I knew the name of the person whose card the money was applied to. If I knew that I would have my money, but NO I don't. They then told me I would have to contact my card issurer to have the problem correct... WHY? It is your money pak, you apply the money and YOU know the card number that the money was applied to. WHY would I need to involve another company to research and try to find a card number that I don't even know to give me my money back?

FIX THIS NOW! I want my money, I didn't purchase a card for $1100 to give to someone else who once they discover have this money will likely spend it ASAP. I WANT MY MONEY NOW!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2009 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greendot-Prepaid-Visa-Greendot-Corporation/nationwide/Greendot-Prepaid-Visa-Greendot-Corporation-Refused-to-REFUND-money-when-misapplied-to-wro-529974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greendot Prepaid Visa Greendot Corporation

weak