Complaint Review: Greene Ford

• Submitted: Sat, July 13, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, July 26, 2003

• Reported By:Gainesville GA
Greene Ford
2365 Browns Bridge Rd. Gainesville, Georgia U.S.A.

Greene Ford Dealership ripoff continues defective engine destroys transmission Gainesville Georgia *UPDATE

*UPDATE Employee: why blame a dealership?

*Author of original report: Here We GO Again!

*0: You Are Not Going to Belive This!

This is an update to my June 5,2002 'Ripoff Report': It's real bad to get your F250 truck back from the Greene Ford Dealership with a new engine and find the forward thruster washer to your transmission melted in the transmission pan. Of course, the transmission problem is due to their overheated defective engine.(I told you in the last report that the overheat was hot enough to warp the exhaust manifolds.)

Additionally, the new radiator the Greene Ford dealer installed is causing the new motor to overheat too. Greene Ford Sevice Manager and mechanics replaced my heavy duty F250 radiator with a radiator for a small car. It's numbered and listed in parts books as a radiator for a small car and that's what Greene Ford Dealership installed in my F250 truck. Never found out why my original heavy duty radiator disappeared.

A competent mechanic is now making repairs to the transmission, putting in the correct radiator for an F250 and tuning up the new engine. The Ford Dealership did not even bother to set the timimg correctly on the new engine they installed. Of course, it's all out of my pocket. I wouldn't let Greene Ford Dealership put a wrench near my truck again, not even to replace the heater core damaged by their overheat.

North America Ford Customer Sevice is a joke. I would ask for a criminal investigation into Greene Ford Sevice ripoffs, but they seem to have the local police service contract and in a small town, I don't see that getting very far.

Tried Clark Howard and was told to just be glad I didn't have a Toyota truck. That wasn't much help.

Guess the lesson here is don't buy another Ford. My F150 has their defective E4OD transmission and guess I know what will happen to it soon.

J.P. & Nancy
Gainesville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2002 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greene-Ford/Gainesville-Georgia-30501/Greene-Ford-Dealership-ripoff-continues-defective-engine-destroys-transmission-Gainesville-24553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greene Ford

why blame a dealership?

AUTHOR: Felix - (U.S.A.)

I think you are the first person ever to have a problem with that dealership. I am sorry your truck broke down, but why blame a dealership? You new what you were buying. I doubt they said it was a "new" truck. Quit complaining. Its not Ford Motor Companys fault, its not Greene Ford's fault, its your fault. Quit harrassing that dealership you cry baby.

Greene Ford Customer Service

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately my truck was not totaled. The heavy duty rear bumper took most of the shock.
However, now I've been through you know what to get Ford to reinstate my new engine warranty which they cancelled after the wreck. The truck was hit in the rear, not the engine.

The truck is now sitting at Chestatee Ford Dealership where they are saying they can't work on my truck because Greene Ford put an after market part in my truck instead of Motorcraft. Even though the part is an item listed on the Ford Motor Company 24 month 24,000 mile warranty for parts and labor. They now want me to pay for towing and the aftermarket part they replaced and the truck still can't be driven.

The owner of Greene Ford Dealership wants me to take off my Rip-Off Report. I will when he either repairs my truck, has a competent Ford Dealership repair my truck or makes a settlement with me on another truck.

I can document every thing they have failed to do to my F-250. So, for any attorneys out there that want to help spank someone for failure to fulfill their contract, let me know. My actual losses right now without your fees and court costs are at least $40,000.

#6 0

You Are Not Going to Belive This!

AUTHOR: - ()

I went to pick up my truck today with it's new transmission. After waiting for an hour for the truck to come back from it's test drive. The worst happened. I was told the truck was only one block away from the garage and had been in a wreck.

The truck is a total loss. A victim of a hit and run driver who was caught and escorted by police for a couple of hours while she sobered up (somewhat).

The wreck was so bad and she hit several other cars too. The police officer told his buddy to go ahead and book her and charge her with at least one charge and to sign his name to the ticket. I thought that an officer had to sign his own name. Do you think they knew the slovenly unwashed law breaker who had killed my truck and hit several other cars?

Thank God I had a sturdy truck and she did not injure the Garage's driver. She pushed my 3/4 ton pickup about 100 yards and witnesses said the rear end of my truck was jacked way up in the air and her front end was underneath my truck. She was speeding in more ways than one.

Masters