Complaint Review: Greene Ford

• Reported By: shawmc2 — Columbia South Carolina United States of America
Greene Ford
2365 Browns Bridge Rd. Gainesville, Georgia United States of America

Greene Ford Selling Lemons! Gainesville, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Better method.

First of all, I want to say I blame myself for falling into the trap that is Greene Ford. I am from Columbia, sc and I found a 2007 Sport Trac online and talked to Bill Plachters on the phone to set up a test drive. Drove it one Saturday and it seemed fine so I purchased the truck. When I got back to Columbia, SC I checked the radiator to find it completely empty. I immediately called Bill, and he began to say "this is a used car, this sort of thing can happen", (etc etc). So I didn't get my bank to send Greene Ford the check for another week, and finally Bill said they would agree to look at the truck if I BRING it to the dealership myself. Thats right, he said to bring a truck with an empty radiator 200 miles to have them look at it.When I did send the check, it took a month to get a receipt so I could register the vehicle and I had to pay a late fee.

THEN as I inspected the radiator more, I found a 1 inch crack right on top of it. I called Bill and asked why they wouldn't have noticed a crack on the radiator and his response: "If you didn't see the crack when we test drove it, how would you expect our mechanics to see it?". ISN'T THIS A MECHANIC'S JOB? I had the radiator fixed at a local dealer for $700. One month later the transmission failed. I called Bill, and he told me they could not do anything for me, and I was not surprised. I called the manufacturer to find out that there is a certified pre-owned warranty to cover the transmission. Why Greene Ford would have no knowledge of the warranty I couldn't tell you. I had to pay a $100 deductable for the tranny. Now, the truck still runs hot and leaks radiator fluid and I need to get rid of it asap. Had I checked the radiator while test driving this could have been prevented, however that does NOT make this place a reputable dealer. NOT RECOMMENDED

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2011 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greene-Ford/Gainesville-Georgia-30504/Greene-Ford-Selling-Lemons-Gainesville-Georgia-811064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greene Ford

Better method.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" Had I checked the radiator while test driving this could have been prevented

Used cars are sold with little or no warranties.   The only real way to protect yourself is to have the vehicle inspected by a trusted mechanic BEFORE you buy it.   A mechanic can quickly tell you about problems with the major components and can also tell you if the car has been wrecked and repaired.

Anything less than having your own inspection done is rolling the dice with your money.    All used car dealers sell cars with things wrong with them.   Their contracts protect them from being held liable for problems down the road.  The only thing you can do is to ensure that what you're buying is actually what it appears to be.