Complaint Review: Greenpoint / Greentree Credit

• Submitted: Wed, September 03, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 04, 2008

• Reported By:Sewickley Pennsylvania
Greenpoint / Greentree Credit
Green Tree Servicing St. Paul, Minnesota U.S.A.

Greenpoint / Greentree Credit GREENTREE...THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO ME !!! St. Paul Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!

I owned......or still own (I am not sure) a 1992 single wide in a rented park. I relocated to a different state for employment purposes back in January of this year.
After unsuccessful attempts at trying to sell this home, prior to moving, had failed, I was starting to feel the strain of trying to keep up with 2 house payments.

Around March my income did not allow me to keep up with all of these individual payments so I started to become behind in my lot rent and then in my loan payments as well. At that time I decided the best thing for me to do would be to turn the mobile home back over to the finance company...GREENTREE of Course.

Well that was the worst decision I could have made.
After I signed and had notarized a "Greentree Letter of Surrender" in March stating that I would voluntarily give up the home to avoid additional legal fees(even though I was already behind in payments) the problem did not resolve.

Greentree sent one of their repossession representatives to the home and determined that the value of the home was no where near the remaining balance of the loan (which it could never be...with a 17percent finance charge and a depreciation greater than that of a motor vehicle) it wasn't even close, so they wrote it off.
Greentree put a for sale sign in the window and walked away, they refuse to take legal ownership of the home......so it still just sits there!!

Basically I gave up rights to the home but remain responsible for it, now I not only owe the balance of the loan, I also owe the rent for the mobile home park space in addition, for as long as the home sits there or until Greentree confirms ownership.

Reasons being, 1. they don't want to pay to have it moved, 2. they refuse to pay the mobile park rent & fees 3. they don't want to pay any remaining taxes owed to the borough, all fees that would have to be paid prior to moving the home and upon taking ownership.

Which in fact they initially told me that would all be taken care of through their repossession department.
Now as the situation stands, the home sits on the mobile lot accumulating rental fees and also county taxes.....and is still my responsibility.

Greentree refuses to return calls to the mobile home park management to allow the park to take ownership of the home and/or have the ability to move it.
They wont even respond to requests asking for a status on the situation.

So to sum it up, Greentree wrote off the balance of my mobile home loan, left the home sit empty in the mobile park, won't release the title to the park but at the same time refuses to take responsibility for the home.

This leaves me in a situation where I remain responsible for the property even though I signed the home over in March and I continue to be responsible until the title is removed from my name.

I am still researching the legalities of this entire situation and hopefully am able to resolve it soon.

My only advise to you reading this is...steer clear of Greentree, this company makes a living taking advantage of people who have limited financial resources and uninformed consumers alike, they are in a sense just a collection agency. Even though they have taken over Greenpoint business or renamed themselves, they cannot change the original terms of your loan, even though that's what they threaten over the phone when trying to collect a late or not quite late payment.
Best thing to do is hang up and look at your original promissory note, especially if you have a mobile home loan.

Sewickley, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2008 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greenpoint-Greentree-Credit/St-Paul-Minnesota-55102/Greenpoint-Greentree-Credit-GREENTREETHIS-IS-WHAT-THEY-ARE-DOING-TO-ME-St-Paul-M-369347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greenpoint / Greentree Credit

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!

AUTHOR: Kimmie3361 - (U.S.A.)

I can relate to this because I have to be out of my home Sept 11 2008.They are going to repo my mobile home.I didnt know I had to respond to the papers that was served to me.Yes I did get behind on my payment.Well I got word on 9/2/2008 that I had to be out by 9/11/08.

I called the courts They asked me if I recieved papers that was entered on 8/26/08.i SAID NO.Well anyways the courts granted on behalf of GREENTREE.bECAUSE i DIDNT ANSWERED THE PAPERS.In the past they asked me to post date checks,etc.So now I have find a place live within a week.

Theres alot more.I ran insurance with my payment my payment is 262 with insurance its 338 or so.how can they get away with this?????And I agree with everybody about financing.if I was going to in the home pay for by payments by the time its paid It would be over 60,000 .

Also The person who filed this claim lied under oath.

they need to practice on there tactics and manners so on.

I know I dont make much sense but I have to go and finish PACKING.I Only have 6 days left to find a place to live.