Complaint Review: Greentree-Conseco Finance

• Submitted: Thu, February 23, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, March 01, 2006

• Reported By:Hugo Minnesota
Greentree-Conseco Finance
800 Lnadmark Towers 345 St. Peter Street St .Paul, Minnesota U.S.A.

Greentree-Conseco Finance ripoff Harrassment Rude not noting the account not doing what they said they will do St.Paul Minnesota

*Consumer Suggestion: Lisa, make your request in writing.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: ask for a complete history

*Author of original report: GreenTree-Conseco Ripoff artists

My mother did a buy for in 1998 only because she was told we could refinance after 2 years of payments, when the time came to refinace our home in our name they said that they don't do that anymore.

Then towards the end of 2004 we started getting phone calls about the payment being late, when I spoke to someone, he said that we were current as of October 2004 but then he said that a portion of our November 04 payment went towards October.

How can this be when as of October we were Current.I then started getting several calls/messages at least 3 times a week. I then requested a copy of the history from October of 2004 to current.I had to request it several times, and each time i requested it they said that they mailed it,when I finally did receive the payment history it was for Ocober of 2003 thru October of 2004.

They also failed to memo the account when I returned there calls so they would in turn call me again.I finally started keeping track of how many times they call each day.And so far in the last 3 days there number has shown up on my caller ID 18 times and 8 of those calls were 1 day alone and NO MESSAGES were left.

They were also calling me at work until I lost my job.I also am still waiting for the payment history from October of 2004 to current.I believe that Greentree-Conseco are rip off artists.

I don't think they want to send me the information that I requested because then they just might need to apologize.

Lisa
Hugo, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2006 09:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greentree-Conseco-Finance/St-Paul-Minnesota-55102/Greentree-Conseco-Finance-ripoff-Harrassment-Rude-not-noting-the-account-not-doing-what-th-177787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greentree-Conseco Finance

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Lisa, make your request in writing.

AUTHOR: Janet - (U.S.A.)

Lisa,

Brian's right. I would suggest you make your request in writing. They have to comply by law.

I also suggest that at the bottom of your letter cc: your private attorney, and a copy to the BBB and Attorney General's office and send the letter certified mail with required receipt of signature. Keep the little receipt card with your copy. Forget about their apologies. It would be just bla, bla, bla anyway.

Good luck!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

ask for a complete history

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

Lisa

Ask to be sent a complete payment history. That will show you the dates you paid and the months the payments were applied to. The compliance dept. has the automatic dialers set at no more than five time a day for harrassment reasons. The next collector that calls get the name and ask to speak to compliance on 3 way. if they say no make a report to the Attorney General if that doesnt stop the calls send them a certified cease and desist letter which says the only way that they can contact you is by mail.

GreenTree-Conseco Ripoff artists

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

This is a update to my previous report. I finally received the payment history but for the second time it was for the incorrect dates.

The payment history I received was for October 2005 to current, and I asked (several Times) For the history from October of 2004 to current.

We have also paid the total of $1,130.20 within a 20day time frame,we also did a defferred payment for February on the 18th of the month (this was supposta be done on the first week of January) and after doing all that we still received a harrassing number of calls starting on February 21st.

The number of phone calls was stated in my first report. I do believe there is a law on how many times the can call. these people really need to get there act together. This is BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVERY HAD TO DEAL WITH.