Complaint Review: Greentree Financial

• Submitted: Fri, October 31, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 31, 2008

• Reported By:raleigh North Carolina
Greentree Financial
P.o. Box 6172 Rapid City, South Dakota U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Greentree Financial Is this harassment really legal? Above and beyond creditor calling, threats and insults! Rapid City South Dakota

Greentree Financial as been my mortgage company for 14 years. After having been divorced 4 years into the loan and raising children as a single mother, I have made payments late frequently. Greentree has been continually harassing. To the extreme.

I have had clients of mine called and harassed causing me to lose accounts, I have had my children told to pack their clothes because of their mothers worthlessness they were going to be homeless, I have had neighbors called and asked to deliver notes to me, I have had family members called and questioned about my worthlessness in paying my bills, my tenants have been called squatters and asked to make good on a loan that is not in their name and are constantly harassed, and actually had my home broken into and all my possessions moved to my deck.

My neighbor called me and then went over to see who was at my home only to have the people hurriedly drive away, however, he was unable to get a license plate number. When Greentree called an hour later to gloat and ask how I "liked" those events they acknowledged being responsible. I filed a police report but w/o a number and anything to concretely tie Greentree to the crime, the police were unable to proceed.

I am having difficulty finding legal representation to help with this as I cannot afford an attorney, and am wondering about any class action suits that may be in the works.

he representatives calling from Greentree are rude, malicious, derogatory and counter productive to their own goals. I have been ridiculed, told that it is understandable that I was divorced, that I am lying, and the suggestion made that I get money the best way I can. A few years ago I was told by a representative of Greentrees that I was late on my January payment on December 12. What? I have complained to my states Attorney Generals office and am waiting to hear, again, what can be done if anything.

raleigh, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2008 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greentree-Financial/Rapid-City-South-Dakota-57709/Greentree-Financial-Is-this-harassment-really-legal-Above-and-beyond-creditor-calling-th-386627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greentree Financial