Complaint Review: Greentree Financial

• Updated: Mon, April 22, 2013

• Reported By: Chris — Quapaw Oklahoma
Greentree Financial

Greentree Financial Greentree Servicing Misappropriation of funds , Internet

My mortgage is through Greentree Financial.  I requested the payoff amount of my loan, which was $7386.  I then sent them $7450, but instead of paying off the loan, they used $2330 of it to buy me another year of insurance (I still had 2 and a half months of insurance left) so that the loan would not be paid off and I would still owe them payments.  After a week of fighting with them, I finally got the insurance cancelled, but when I called their customer service to check on closing the account they were extremely rude and suggested that because I had gotten behind in the past they didn't have to do anything.  I believe this is misappropriation of funds and I'm still fighting with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2013 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greentree-Financial/internet/Greentree-Financial-Greentree-Servicing-Misappropriation-of-funds-Internet-1045305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greentree Financial