Complaint Review: Greentree Servicing - Green Tree Financial Servicing - Conseco

• Submitted: Mon, July 12, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, July 12, 2004

• Reported By:Bluffton South Carolina
Greentree Servicing - Green Tree Financial Servicing - Conseco
P.O. Box 740230 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Greentree Finance - Greentree Servicing aka Green Tree Financial Servicing Previously aka Conseco RIPOFF The never ending repossession Atlanta Georgia

In 1997 I financed a double wide mobile home through this company, much to my regret. In November of 2003 I rented said mobile home to my daughter, shee was to pay the mortgage on it. All went fine until March of 2004. My daughter received several abusive phone messages from Green Tree. My daughter stated that they never left a name or a number in which we could respond to these phone calls. My son-in-law noticed a man looking around the home to which he asked what he was doing there. It was the repo man, inspecting the home for repossession.

I call Green Tree and spoke to one of their representatives. I had never in my life been treated more rudely or disrespectfully. I told her that all I wanted was to find out what I needed to do to resolve this. Evidently my daughter had inadvertently sent the wrong amount for the payment in December of 2003. They were going to repo my home because of $260.00! I had never heard of this kind of thing before.

I paid the $260.00 and was assured all was taken care of. Not so! Just last week a deputy sheriff went knocking on the door trying to serve more repo papers. My daughter has provided me with all payment copies to show she hasn't missed any more payments. The papers couldn't be served because I don't live there and they wouldn't leave them with my son-in-law. How can I get this harrassment to stop they are driving us crazy. My daughter is 6 months pregnant and this is the last thing she needs to worry about.

Lynette
Bluffton, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2004 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greentree-Servicing-Green-Tree-Financial-Servicing-Conseco/Atlanta-Georgia-30374-0230/Greentree-Finance-Greentree-Servicing-aka-Green-Tree-Financial-Servicing-Previously-aka-98554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greentree Servicing - Green Tree Financial Servicing - Conseco