Complaint Review: Greentree Servicing

• Updated: Fri, March 23, 2012

• Reported By: Michelle — Oakwood Ohio United States of America
Greentree Servicing
palatine, Illinois United States of America

Greentree Servicing Greentree Financial Harrassment, Outrageous interest rates palatine, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: So, what terms of your loan agreement have they violated?

My ex husband and I bought this mobile home 13 years ago. The interest rates are horrible, I will have another 17 years to pay off this mobile home. That is like paying 3x what its worth.  Meanwhile, it falls apart around me.  It's unreasonable. I'm about to rent somewhere and forget it.

They call repeatedly if a payment is even a day late.  They told my daughter @ one point when I was not @ home that maybe that's why her father & I were getting a divorce.  I then wrote them never to call me again. So they call my relatives, my neighbors....it's complete harrassment.

After it was decided I was to keep the home in the divorce, I called to ask what I could do to get the mobile home loan switched over into my name.  Their response was nothing.  They will not change the names on the original loan.  So I am stuck having my ex's name on the loan, & hearing him complain every time I am late on a payment.  My name also went back to my maiden name, so the darn bill I pay every month doesn't even have my correct name on it.

This company should be ashamed of themselves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2012 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greentree-Servicing/palatine-Illinois-60094/Greentree-Servicing-Greentree-Financial-Harrassment-Outrageous-interest-rates-palatine-I-858528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greentree Servicing

So, what terms of your loan agreement have they violated?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

" The interest rates are horrible, I will have another 17 years to pay off this mobile home. That is like paying 3x what its worth."

Is the interest rate the same as what was agreed to?

"After it was decided I was to keep the home in the divorce, I called to ask what I could do to get the mobile home loan switched over into my name.  Their response was nothing.  They will not change the names on the original loan.."

To get them to do this, you would probably have to get approved for a loan on your own and pay this one off.  They won't change the name on the loan as your ex appears to be responsible for it.

"This company should be ashamed of themselves."

For what? All they want is for the loan to be paid on time, every time and your ex IS the one responsible for repaying this loan.  Once again, what part of the agreement are they breaking?

"They call repeatedly if a payment is even a day late."

".hearing him complain every time I am late on a payment.."

Don't worry, this won't be a problem for long, if you continue down this road, they'll eventually foreclose.