Complaint Review: Greenwich Academy

• Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: wurlitzi — darien Connecticut United States of America
Greenwich Academy
200 North Maple Avenue Greenwich, Connecticut United States of America

Greenwich Academy Teacher and Administrator Allowed to Abuse Students for Years Greenwich, Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: Dietzel Needed Help & So Does Her Granddaughter!

*Consumer Comment: Dietzel Worked for a School where Grades were Bought by BRIBES!

*Consumer Comment: Sorry but it's True

*General Comment: I hate you

*Consumer Comment: Sharon Dietzel was DISGRACEFUL to My Daughter!

*Consumer Comment: Mrs. Dietzel was Out of Control to Me, Too!

*General Comment: Agree to Disagree

Sharon Dietzel of Greenwich Academy was given free reign to behave abusively towards select students for years.  She took great joy in verbally berating and lambasting certain students, mainly the ones who could not do her any personal good.  At the same time she rather disgustingly all but kissed the rear ends of children whose parents were on the board of directors, etc.  The ones who could help her advance herself.  It was quite awful to watch, and so very obvious.

Recent information has come to light that one of Mrs. Dietzel's own children consorts with extreme undesirables.  Perhaps Mrs. Dietzel should have stayed at home and put her own house in order rather than going to work to try and break the spirits of other people's children.  The school should be ashamed of itself for having employed her.  On the other hand my children tell me she could charm the fangs off a tiger which is how she got away with it as long as she did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2010 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greenwich-Academy/Greenwich-Connecticut-06830/Greenwich-Academy-Teacher-and-Administrator-Allowed-to-Abuse-Students-for-Years-Greenwich-603833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greenwich Academy

Dietzel Needed Help & So Does Her Granddaughter!

AUTHOR: JusticeforStudents - ()

Sharon Dietzel was filled with hate when I was her student.  She never once hesitated to take any of her anger out on certain students.  There was so much ugliness in that shrew.  I used to think she was ugly from the inside out.  She was vicious.  She never held back.  That was the worst of it, she was an adult but never held back, never stopped herself, never tried to control her mouth.  Ugly to the core of her being.  She was abusive to the point that I'd say she definitely, certainly, positively, absolutely needed to get psychiatric help.  Why nothing was done about her, I don't know.  The family must all be in so much denial.

I would say from reading her granddaughter's rebuttal that her granddaughter is 100% exactly like her in personality and temperament.  This is no compliment.  The child needs serious help just like Sharon did.  How much do you want to bet that her family does not get it for her, either?  Who do these bullying Lake, Esposito and Dietzel people think they are that the world can be used as their dumping ground?  Get the kid some help, specifically, some psych medication, and make sure she doesn't become a teacher!

Greenwich Academy: you hired her.  You didn't fire her.  Own it!

Dietzel Worked for a School where Grades were Bought by BRIBES!

AUTHOR: furiousmay - (United States of America)

I agree with the people who are complaining, Dietzel worked at a school and tortured my kid and the school it turned out was raising kids grades if the parents paid them BRIBES.  What kind of a private school allows for bribes to raise the grades?  This woman was really sick and should have been audited by the IRS and so should every person at those schools where she worked.  Birds of a feather all flock together!  Bring these people DOWN!

Sorry but it's True

AUTHOR: avrilfleur - (United States of America)

I have not previously written anything on here but having found this thread I feel that I should.  I was a student of Mrs. Dietzel's.

First of all, Zoe I am sorry to hear that your grandmother passed away.  She was always very nice to me.  But!  She was not always so nice to other students.  I'm sorry to say it but it's true.  There was no reason or logic to it.  Some students she liked and some she seemed to irrationally dislike, if not purely hate.  Even so I would not have come on here to say anything at all about her, except I know for a fact that one of my cousins was one of the students she used to treat badly.  My cousin was ready to commit suicide over it.  She was planning to kill herself over the whole mess.  We were very very lucky in my family.  She didn't, her parents found out and sent her to another school and she turned out to be fine and is a PhD today.

I don't think Dietz ever understood that what goes around comes around, that there is a ripple effect to one's actions, that people in glass houses should not throw stones.  She just didn't get it.  If she didn't like someone she went a bit wild on them.  No constraints.  No one at the school stopped her from this either. it just went on unchecked.  It is, I mean was, sad for her most of all.  There truly are some people not cut out to work with minors.  I believe she was one of them.  I think she was a very unhappy woman or very frustrated.  Very something wrong somewhere.

On the other hand, to the people who have been writing on here and taking potshots at Dietz's grandchildren, that's crazy, too, and that is wrong and I can not condone that at all.  Yet I do
understand where it probably comes from.  Dietz didn't stop herself from hurting other people so you probably think why should you retrain yourself, yet come on, leave her grandchildren in peace!

Zoe, I wish you the best.  People are complicated, not perfect.  Everyone has good in them and some bad too.  Sorry you found out about your "Nonnie" this way on a public forum.   I only wish she'd been as decent to my cousin as she clearly was to you.

#4 General Comment

I hate you

AUTHOR: ILoveNonnie - (United States of America)

Hi

I'm one of the grand daughters of Sharon Dietzel. I  loved my Nonnie so, so much, she was amazing. I don't know who you think you are, saying these horrible things, but I know for a fact that this is all wrong. My Uncle Scott has a deal coming through on tuesday, and no, he doesn't have the best economical situation but that gives you no right to criticize him. My Mom is an amazing person, who misses and loves Nonnie. This is my family your talking about, and my mother's upbringing was great. So mind your own business, and frankly, get a life. I officially hate you more than I hate anyone else in the world. And yup, its me, the half-negro child of Sharon's daughter. But wait, stupid, I'm not half "negro" (which is a vulgar, horrific word, by the way) I'm half Sri Lankan. My Dad is a very accomplished Sri Lankan engineer who has hundreds of patents. Get your facts right, you jerk.

With MUCH hate,

Zoe

Sharon Dietzel was DISGRACEFUL to My Daughter!

AUTHOR: songofthelorelei - (United States of America)

I consider this Sharon Dietzel to be no better than a common hoodlum who somehow elevated herself into a teaching position.  The way she treated my daughter was beyond sick.  My daughter became afraid to talk in class after Dietzel got through with lambasting her regularly and in front of her peers.  Take a look at her own daughter.  Dietzel's daughter has got half-Negro kids, for God's sake!  Such people should not even be teaching let alone telling other people's children how to live.  I'd like to know what her husband thought he was doing, letting her teach rather than supporting her himself and getting her the help that she truly desperately needed.  No decent grown woman needs to do a harassment number on a child.

Mrs. Dietzel was Out of Control to Me, Too!

AUTHOR: blueskystation - (United States of America)

I am very happy to see this report on here.  I knew Mrs. Dietzel at another school.  I did not go to Greenwich Academy so I can't speak about that particular school.  I do not know the fate of Mrs. Dietzel's children, though their upbringing could not have been easy.

I do know that Mrs. Dietzel was an out of control harridan to me and to several other students at the school where she taught prior to apparently going on to Greenwich Academy, and she was a horror.  My worst school memories all involve Mrs. Dietzel.  She did indeed behave abusively to certain students.  She was a screaming nightmare who seemed to think she was God.  She had no problem with scapegoating children.

There is a big difference between "tough love" and Teacher-to-Student Bullying.  Mrs. Dietzel did not know the difference when I knew her.  She was a bully, pure, simple and evil.

I hope she went for psychological help before she went to this Greenwich Academy and got some kind of psychiatric medication with which to give herself some semblance of stability because she needed it more than anybody I have ever seen, before or since.  This woman was crazy.  As for her being "inspirational," that I can agree with: she inspired me to never, ever treat a child as monstrously as she treated me.

#7 General Comment

Agree to Disagree

AUTHOR: qut123iam - (United States of America)

The opinion stated above is most likely from a person who is bitter about the way their educational experience at GA turned out, and is using the beloved Mrs. Dietzel as a scapegoat. Sharon was an incredible educator who mentored and motivated thousands of young people throughout her life. She had a "tough love" attitude towards her students, and wasn't afraid to discipline students who needed it, but always, always wanted success for those who worked for it, and above all wanted to help people help themselves.

Unfortunately, she succumbed to a long battle with cancer this past month; the world has lost this inspirational woman and teacher.She will be sorely missed- at her funeral, the pews were overflowing with former students who sobbed knowing their beloved "Dietz" is no longer with us.She lived her life fully right to the very end, and was always teaching, always learning, always giving.

As to the comment about her children, both of them are happy, successful and wonderful people who love and miss her dearly.

Please do not take out your frustrations on this incredible woman who helped so many people.

I would like this post to be removed, if possible; no one needs to read such false accusations.