• Report: #419152

• Updated: Mon, February 02, 2009

• Reported By:Long Beach California
Greenwich Securities Inc, International Claim Department
100 Front St Morriston, Ontario Canada

Greenwich Securities Inc, International Claim Department BEWARE! THIS IS A SCAM! One of twenty declared winners! Final notification for the sum of $250,00 US Dollars from Shoppers Sweepstakes Morriston And Norwood Ontario and Massachusetts

I received a Winning Final Notification apparently from a shoppers Sweepstakes held on Jan. 5th, 2009. It claims that I am entitled to the sum of $250,000. Looks official with claim number and phone number.

Enclosed with the letter is a Check made out to me for the sum of $4,980. The address on the check is from Greenwich Securities 249 Oceana Way, Norwood, MA. A different address than the letter.

My instuctions are to deposit the check in order to pay the Government taxes on my winnings before they could be awarded. Once I would make the deposit I would then receive an address as to where to send my tax money paid by either Moneygram or Western Union. RED FLAG!

I did not deposit the check so that they would not be able to receive my banking information on the returned check. I also could not find any legitimate information regarding the company or the addresses on the internet.

Heather
Long Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2009 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greenwich-Securities-Inc-International-Claim-Department/Morriston-Ontario-h4n-3l4/Greenwich-Securities-Inc-International-Claim-Department-BEWARE-THIS-IS-A-SCAM-One-of-tw-419152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greenwich Securities Inc, International Claim Department