Complaint Review: Greenwood Nursery

• Reported By: Marianne — Bellville Texas
Greenwood Nursery
636 Myers Cove Road McMinnville, Tennessee USA

Greenwood Nursery Stay away - far, far away McMinnville Tennessee

*Author of original report: Refund received

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Greenwood Nursery Customer Service Solves Problem of Damaged Plants

This is an email that I sent and 2 business days later I still have NO response. Will never order from again:

I received my plants today and I was so excited to put them in my beds. However, much to my dismay the condition of the plants was appalling. Here is what I found:

Box in excellent condition, top 6” filled with shredded paper. This is where the care of packaging stopped. There was nothing at the bottom of the box to cushion the plants and nothing in between the plants. The plants were thrown in the bottom of the box, on their side, on top of each other. EVERY single one of the plant containers was crushed. This prevented being able to extract (what was left of) the plants from their container with the entire root ball/dirt intact. 90% of the plants were broken and bent. One of the plants had only 1 leaf and another had no leaves, only a stick. I have no idea if these plants will survive & I had no idea which was the “good side” as there was no good side. To charge 9.95 each and have them arrive in this horrible condition is, at the very least, not the way to give a good first impression. If a nursery had plants in these conditions they wouldn’t be able to sell them for more than $1-2. I have a gardening board on Pinterest as well as many friends that I garden with. We share our experiences, good and bad, and are always looking for new resources for plants and supplies.

The fact that once you charged my credit card meant that the plants were my property and I expected them to be taken care of. All other nurseries that I have ordered from took care in making sure their plants arrived in pristine condition – full, blooming, and properly packaged/protected (and I paid no more for them than from your nursery). Right now, these plants look like carefully placed weeds in my bed; they certainly don’t resemble anything that anybody would purposely plant.

Please let me know what compensation that I can expect to receive. I can send a multitude of pictures for your reference if necessary. I look forward to hearing from you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2013 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greenwood-Nursery/McMinnville-Tennessee-37110/Greenwood-Nursery-Stay-away-far-far-away-McMinnville-Tennessee-1091324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greenwood Nursery

Refund received

AUTHOR: Marianne - ()

I did in fact receive a refund as the owner stated.  I did try to contact the nursery by phone but my many attempts had the phone ring several times and then stop ringing.  No answer, nothing.  The 10% spoken of was not available to me during my purchase as the coupon was not valid for "previous purchases".

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Greenwood Nursery Customer Service Solves Problem of Damaged Plants

AUTHOR: Greenwood Nursery - ()

Ms. P**** received a full refund on October 14th for her purchase even though she had already planted this plant order in her garden not allowing us to pick up the damaged plants.

Due to the urgency of Ms. P****'s situation, a phone call to our office would have been most appropriate in addition to or in lieu of an email. After resending her email on Friday night and cc’ing me, Ms. P**** did not respond to my email from early Saturday morning when I followed up with her. Emails can be a very iffy way to contact at times especially when someone desires resolution immediately. It seems that many email providers have been updating their systems recently which can delay and even delete correspondence.

We feel bad that the staff member that Ms. P**** had sent her email to was out of the office on Thursday and Friday unexpectedly on a family emergency. Her emails were not forwarded to other staff members until late in the day on Friday.

Greenwood Nursery is a family owned and operated nursery business. We want each of our customers to be delighted with their purchases and are here to help make each planting experience a successful one. Being in business for 35 years, we do understand that oversights can happen and do apologize that Ms. P****'s order arrived damaged. It was very disappointing and our shipping department has, also, been reprimanded for the error.

We wish that Ms. P**** had given us the opportunity to resolve the damaged shipment before she began blasting throughout the internet with bad and even horrible reports about our company that she has since not updated in any way to note resolved and that she received a full refund. Also, had Ms. P**** signed up as a Greenwood Garden Club Member, she could have purchased the plants at the clearance price as well as received a 10% discount off that, her first, order.

We are not owned by a larger corporation, as are many mail order nurseries. Greenwood Nursery has remained privately owned and we provide everything in-house. When you call our 800 number, you are able to speak with one of our staff here at the nursery. Like many who work in small businesses, when one or two staff members are out, everyone else has to pitch in to make up for the lack. It is regretful when any situation slips through the cracks and we do work quickly to resolve any problems, once we are aware of them.

Certainly not that Greenwood wants to turn away any customer, however due to the hurtful and mean behavior exhibited by this Ms. P****, we ask her to not to return to Greenwood Nursery.

The Greenwood Nursery Staff