Complaint Review: Gretchen Fox Associates , American Financial Group

• Submitted: Thu, April 09, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 09, 2009

• Reported By:BROOKLYN New York
Gretchen Fox Associates , American Financial Group
7210 Jordan Avenue Ste 44 Canoga Park, California U.S.A.

Gretchen Fox Associates , American Financial Group Ripped Off Canoga Park California

Answered an e-mail back in December regarding loan modifications, refinances etc. I have an interest only adjustable mortgage. I wanted to get into a fixed rate mortgage. I lost my husband in March 2008. My income had been cut in half as a result of his illness and then death and I had/have alot of unpaid medical bills from my husband's cancer treaments.

These people assured me they could help me get into a mortgage that was more livable. For the price of $2500.00. They were very adamant about me having the money in my checking account by December 31st. The first time I spoke to them was the week of Christmas 2008.Everything having to do with them was to be done asap. In the beginning they were responsive. The day I deposited the money, they pulled it out. I asked them not to do that as the only money that was available was my January mortgage payment. So for the first time my mortgage was 6 days late. I called them and voiced my concern about how fast they acted and they apologized. From then on it's been a succession of "case managers". Two of whom I've never spoken to. I 've made numerous phone calls. Can never get anyone. I asked to speak to someone with authority last week on a rare occasion that someone actually answered the phone and was told I could only speak to a customer service rep. His name was Albert. I was extremely angry as I looked on my on-line account tracking file and saw that my account went from their #8 status to #14 which means that my account was settled because I accepted my lender's offer, or my file was in process for over 120 days. What BS! I would gladly join a class-action lawsuit.We need to stop vipers like this. They hurt people who are already hurting. I don't know how they sleep at night.

Donna
BROOKLYN, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2009 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gretchen-Fox-Associates-American-Financial-Group/Canoga-Park-California-91306/Gretchen-Fox-Associates-American-Financial-Group-Ripped-Off-Canoga-Park-California-442377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gretchen Fox Associates , American Financial Group