Complaint Review: Greyhound

• Updated: Thu, July 03, 2014

• Reported By: Matt — Lenoir City Tennessee
Greyhound
Nationwide USA

Greyhound Supervisor Hawkins Very other Customer Service repressive I encountered. Horrible company, disrespectful costumer service, poorly trained stuff, and disgusting bus routes. Knoxville, TN and Dallas, TX Nationwide.

*Author of original report: Stick to what you know- if that is anything

*Author of original report: Stacy- your dumb.

*Consumer Comment: You bought

Greyhound is the worst company to deal with. I scheduled a round trip from TN to IL over winter break, but the artic storm was scheduled to hit the same weekend I had pre-scheduled. I called and looked on Greyhound's website for a list of bus cancelations but never got an answer. I drove up to the station in TN to find out that my trip was canceled. I called the customer service number and it was the worst experience I have ever had with any company. After 6 hours of being on the phone, they coulld not reschedule my trip. I bought a non-refundable ticket, but because of the horrible customer service I received and Greyhound not being able to uphold their end of the deal and reschedule my trip, I demanded a refund. The supervisor (Hawkins) agreed and refunded the first half of my ticket and told me that I would need to send in my printed ticket for the other half to be refunded. Greyhound is refusing to refund my money athough their supervior promised I would be refunded. The hassle of dealing with this company is not worth it! Spend the extra and fly or make a road trip of it. Horrible company!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2014 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greyhound-/nationwide/Greyhound-Supervisor-Hawkins-Very-other-Customer-Service-repressive-I-encountered-Horr-1143396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greyhound

Stick to what you know- if that is anything

AUTHOR: Matt - ()

Yes, I bought a non-refundable ticket that was eligible to be transfered for another route if my bus was canceled, missed, or if I needed the dates moved. Greyhound could not reschedule my trip, as stated under the terms and conditions, so yes Greyhound should have refunded my ticket money because they could not uphold their end of the ticket agreement. I became entitled to my refund when a Greyhound supervisor promised it to me. That gave my ticket the original value amount, which I did not receive.

I'm responsible for everything I tell my clients and I'm expected to up hold any agreement that is made, and I have management backing me up. Greyhound is responsible for not being able to reschedule my trip and IS responsible for refunding my ticket when their own employee promised it to me. But thanks for being at the core of every horrible company's ideology, I firmly believe you could relate to all the shrewd reports.

Stacy- your dumb.

AUTHOR: Matt - ()

Yes, I did buy a non-refundable ticket. I also agreed to terms and conditions that included I would be able to reschedule my trip if I could not make my bus. Greyhound could not reschedule my trip because of the weather, therefore they could not uphold their own terms and conditions as a company. My bus was never even declared canceled until I got to the bus station. My trip was not listed under the cancelations on the website and I repeatedly tried calling the bus station and no one answered.

I got to the station just to have to turn right back around and go home. Then I had to call the number that the Greyhound employlee gave me and was put on hold for hours. Once I spoke with the supervisor, she refunded half my ticket and said I would need to send in the ticket that the Greyhound employee printed off to corporate to get my other half refunded.

Then was told I would not get my refund. I have never heard of a company that would treat customers the way I was treated in my life! Greyhound needs to get their act together. Their employees can't even answer the phone, much less know what is going on. I became entitled to a FULL refund once the supervisor promised it to me, so why don't you keep your ignorance to yourself and work on your own problems becaue clearly you have plenty of them if you spend your time on ripoffreport commenting on things you don't know anything about.

You bought

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

A NON refundable ticket - you are not entitled to a refund. You chose to buy this ticket so you are responsible for your actions. Non-refundable fares have no refund value from their website.