Complaint Review: Greyhound Bus Lines

• Submitted: Wed, February 22, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 22, 2012

• Reported By: Dissatisfied Customer — Great Falls Virginia United States of America
Greyhound Bus Lines
Winston-Salem, North Carolina United States of America

Greyhound Bus Lines Refusal of refund for a refundable ticket Winston-Salem, North Carolina

My mother bought a refundable bus ticket online for me to travel from Winston-Salem, NC to where she lives in Virginia (she was charged an extra $19 as the credit card was not in the traveler's, me, name). I waited for hours at the bus station, but when the bus arrived, there was no seat for me. Being very tired, I had to get a cab to a hotel for the night, none of which was cheap.

The next day, I tried to get a refund on the ticket and it was refused. I was told to call customer service. In the meantime, my mother had to drive all the way from VA to NC to pick me up. She then tried to call customer service for days, but could never get through. She then checked Greyhound procedures online and followed the instructions precisely.

She was told to send the original ticket, which she did. She received one letter telling her to give them the credit card information, which she did. She has heard nothing from them after that. A couple of weeks ago, she went to Greyhound online complaint department and complained to them about not receiving the refund. She has heard nothing from them either.

I would like for someone to help get our refund of $79.00.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2012 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greyhound-Bus-Lines/Winston-Salem-North-Carolina-/Greyhound-Bus-Lines-Refusal-of-refund-for-a-refundable-ticket-Winston-Salem-North-Caroli-842796. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greyhound Bus Lines