Premier

• Submitted: Tue, December 14, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, December 14, 2010

• Reported By: Derrick — Mount pleasant Texas United States of America
Greyhound Bus Lines

Greyhound Bus Lines Greyhound Lost tickets-greyhound says "no refund or replacement" Internet

*Consumer Comment: Good luck with that

I purchased a round trip ticket for my Daughter to come spend Christmas with us in Texas. She would have been traveling from South Carolina however, the tickets that we purchased and sent her somehow disappeared when they arrived at her home. When we called Greyhound to find out what to do they said it was not their policy to refund tickets that were lost, stolen, or distroyed. I was not a happy camper to say the least. I was not buying carnival tickets I was buy a ticket from what I thought was a reputable company but now I know better. I spent $299 on the ticket $21 on a gift ticket fee and a few more dollars for them to put the ticket in the mail.

I simply can't understand why they cannot just cancel the issued ticket and reissue another one;it did afterall have a reference number attached. I can get a refund from Delta airlines on a lost ticket but a company that travels thousands of mile every year and has been in business for who knows how long can't cancel a lost ticket? this is not the way to do business or earn or retain customers. In fact they have lost a customer for life, several customers. Nor me, my wife or childeren will ever use this company again. I work for a very large and popular retailer (no it's not walmart) and our customers are no.1 customer service is very important to them and it is a problem when we have one upset customer. And I have to say that when we have a customer that is upset we go out of our way to make that customer happy and a return customer for life. Greyhound doesn't seem to get it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2010 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greyhound-Bus-Lines/internet/Greyhound-Bus-Lines-Greyhound-Lost-tickets-greyhound-says-no-refund-or-replacement-Inter-671308. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greyhound Bus Lines

Good luck with that

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

No more Greyhound huh? That's sure to make it difficult to find a bus.

Not a rip off.