Complaint Review: Greyhound Bus Lines

• Updated: Wed, July 10, 2013

• Reported By: Chris — Tempe Arizona
Greyhound Bus Lines
Internet USA

Greyhound Bus Lines Purchased a ticket online for an employee but when he arrived at the station he was forced to buy another one. Dallas Texas

We had purchased a ticket for an employee to travel from Los Angeles, LA to Jackson, MS in May.  When he arrived at the station, however the employees were unable to pull up his travel information in their system and he was forced to buy another ticket in order to board the bus.

I called Greyhound's customer service line and asked why they could not pull up the information.  But they could find the information just fine.  I asked what could be done about getting a refund.  They informed me that because it was a "non-refundable" ticket I could not get one.  I told them that was unacceptable because it was their error that they could not pull up a simple confermation code that was on the ticket the employee had at the station.

They told me to write a letter explaining the situation and send in the original ticket with it.  It would take 4-6 weeks to process and then they could give us a travel voucher for the amount spent to be used at a different time.  I told them we don't want a voucher because our ticket was refused.  We wanted the full refund.

I mailed the letter and waited out the six weeks but the refund has still not come.  I called and asked what the status was of issue was.  Once again I was told that it was a "non-refundable" ticket.  I told them I was aware of that but had to explain the issue again.  Do they not keep notes on these issues?  Then I was told that the issue was still "open" and that it would take another 3-5 weeks before it was taken care of.

I told them I wanted the refund right away.  I had waited the allotted amount of time and now I have to wait another 3-5 weeks?  I asked if I could be transferred to the actual Refund Department to speak with someone there about moving the situation along.  I was told the only way to reach them was through email.  I emailed them about the issue and am still waiting to hear back from them.

Not only do they not keep to their own Refund time frame but it seems every employee there has a major attitude problem.  Some have been helpful and others have been rude.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2013 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greyhound-Bus-Lines/internet/Greyhound-Bus-Lines-Purchased-a-ticket-online-for-an-employee-but-when-he-arrived-at-the-1066027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greyhound Bus Lines