Complaint Review: Greyhound Busline

• Updated: Mon, December 24, 2007

• Reported By:Claremont New Hampshire
Greyhound Busline
greyhound.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Greyhound Busline bumped from bus, had to purchase another ticket to get home Washington DC District of Columbia Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: Why Not Amtrak?

My kids were scheduled to leave Washington DC at 7am. They were there on time with a ticket purchased well in advance. While attempting to board the bus to NYC they were informed that there would not be room for them on the bus and they would have to take the next bus at 9am. Unfortunately, that meant that my son, who was contining on to Vermont, would miss his connecting bus in NYC at 1:00, with the next bus leaving Port Authority at 6pm, which would put him in Vermont after 2am.

Our alternative would be to drive 1-1/2 hour and pick him up in MA so that he wouldn't be stranded in NYC for an additional 5 hours.

I called Greyhound's ticketing service to find out if I could switch that leg of his trip and I was told since we we had bought a 7-day advance purchase ticket, we would have to buy another full fare ticket.

To add insult to injury, in order to have that ticket waiting for him in NYC, I also had to pay a convenience fee of $15 in addition to the full fare!!! You can try to call their customer service line but expect to be on hold for a very long time, incurring long distance charges the whole time because it is NOT toll-free.

Now I can understand if the bus was missed through some fault of their own but, Greyhound are the ones who over booked! Silly me thinking that if we bought a ticket in advance, we would actually have the seat we paid for.

Susan
Claremont, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2007 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greyhound-Busline/nationwide/Greyhound-Busline-bumped-from-bus-had-to-purchase-another-ticket-to-get-home-Washington-D-263348. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greyhound Busline

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Why Not Amtrak?

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

Amtrak has such great service to New York City that I would have originally planned to take Amtrak to Penn Station and then so over to Port Authority to get a bus the rest of the way. Greyhound must be a lot cheaper -did you check?