Complaint Review: Greystone Masonry

• Submitted: Tue, October 02, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, October 29, 2010

• Reported By:Fredericksburg Virginia
Greystone Masonry
stampitgreystone@aol.com Stafford, Virginia U.S.A.

Greystone Masonry Did not install according to the contract. Stafford Virginia

*Author of original report: UPDATE

*Author of original report: update

Prior to completion of the job, I would rate their customer service as very good. I had to wait two months to get HOA authorization for this project. During that period, Greystone office staff continually followed up to check on status and allowed me to slip the schedule. Once approval was granted, Greystone made arrangements to start the project within a week. Even though weather prevented them from starting as anticipated, office staff called on a daily basis to keep me apprised of the status of my project. This was very much appreciated.

However . . .

On 24 August I stopped by the office to make final payment after the project was complete. After 30 minutes I was informed that my paperwork was misplaced. I left the office and went out to review the samples on display at Greystone. The purpose of this visit was that the pattern used at my property did not appear to be the same as the samples that I had selected.

Later that afternoon, I received a call from Greystone that my paperwork had been found. I came back to the office. At that time I raised my concern to the owner/general manager that the pattern that was installed was not the same as the pattern I selected. I requested that someone from the company go out and inspect the completed project. I was told that someone would go out on Monday (8/27).

When I did not hear anything, I called the office (8/28) and left a message for the office manager to return my call. She did not.

On Wednesday morning (8/29) I called and got the office manager on the phone. She stated that she did not know what had been done with regard to the inspection and would ask the owner/general manager to call me back. They never did return my call.

I took the time to fill out their customer survey detailing the issues (as stated above). They responded with a letter thanking me for my constructive criticism. They did not acknowledge the error, not did they offer to rectify the situation.

Todd
Fredericksburg, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2007 06:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Greystone-Masonry/Stafford-Virginia-22554/Greystone-Masonry-Did-not-install-according-to-the-contract-Stafford-Virginia-276681. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Greystone Masonry

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Todd - (Afghanistan)

As stated in the rebuttal, the company Vice President finally agreed to reduce the price of the project to compensate me for the non-compliant installation.  It took many many months and I hired another contractor to do an assessment of the installed sidewalk and patio vs. the sample selected.  He took photos and measurements to document the error made by Greystone.  I forwarded this evidence to Greystone.  They still never responded.  Luckily, I had paid with a credit card.  I contested the charge and after months of back-and-forth with the credit card company, they finally took the money back from Greystone.  Since at that point, Greystone no longer had my money and wanted to be paid, they opened up communications with me.  I'm glad things were finally resolved, but I can't help but wonder if I would have received this reduction or ever heard from Greystone again if they were still paid-in-full.

update

AUTHOR: Todd - (U.S.A.)

Negotiated a downward price adjustment.