• Report: #320751

• Updated: Mon, March 24, 2008

• Reported By:grinnell Iowa
Grinnell Regional Medical Center Emergency
Grinnell, Iowa U.S.A.

Grinnell Regional Medical Center Emergency The most unprofessional ER attendants I have ever seen! Grinnell Iowa

Most of the problem appears to me to be the day staff (6 a.m. to 6 p.m.), but it may not be limited to this. The first person that is rude and unprofessional is what I would deem the head nurse. She is 50-60, tall, wears glasses. Has been in this position for many years. She and the doctors and nurses openly discuss patients and private information they discuss with these so-called "professionals" over the phone. They mock the poor and obese people and make no attempt to be quiet (I was in a room on at least two occasions and I could hear them plainly). The windows are open so the waiting area could also hear. There is also a heavyset nurse that isn't much better. A permanent ER doctor that is balding and has a black beard (maybe around 40) is short with patients and makes you feel very uncomfortable to even come in. I personally had an issue (I wont discuss, because i do not want people to know who I am, because unfortunately i may have to use this pathetic ER again) where I had to come in several times over a few weeks, and I could hear the older nurse discussing me like I was a nusiance for coming in again.

Even the desk staff are rude. I have drove 20 miles away to another town to go to their ER because this ER staff in Grinnell is so damn nasty and unprofessional. I even witnessed a lady forced to sit and wait when she said her organs were shutting down. When they got to her, they almost immediately set up a transfer! I have to laugh when I see ads in the paper about their hospitality. I want to point out I am only speaking of the ER. There are other areas of this hospital that are awesome and have great workers.

Brian
grinnell, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2008 08:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grinnell-Regional-Medical-Center-Emergency/Grinnell-Iowa-50112/Grinnell-Regional-Medical-Center-Emergency-The-most-unprofessional-ER-attendants-I-have-ev-320751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grinnell Regional Medical Center Emergency