Complaint Review: Groceries-express.com

• Updated: Mon, June 10, 2013

• Reported By: Jaflynn — Oak Park California
Groceries-express.com
1465 W. 14 Mile Rd. Madison Heights , Michigan USA

The Vernors Store / www.groceries-express.com Sent donuts 8-days past expire date and would not refund money Madison Heights Michigan

I ordered several food items, one of them being a 6-Pack of Krispy Kreme donuts.  I placed my order on 5/12/13, but for some reason my order was not shipped until 5/15/13, and I received my shipment on 5/23/13.  The donuts were rock hard and they expired on 5/16/13.  I emailed groceriessxpress.com and asked that I be refunded for the donuts, and I received a response telling me that they receive the donuts 3-days before the expire date, and that was it.

No mention of the refund I asked for.  I sent a 2nd email asking again for a refund, and also asked why they sell the donuts if they expire in 3-days and it takes 9-days for standard shipping.  I also pointed out that on thier website it states if a customer receives an item that is past the expire date, the item will either be re-shipped or refunded.

I received a response to my 2nd email stating they ship donuts to Iraq all the time and receive no complaints, and once again, no mention of the refund I asked for.  I sent a 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th email and received no response.  I tried to call and the line goes straight to voicemail.  I cannot reach them by phone, and the last email I received from them was telling me about sending donuts to Iraq.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2013 01:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Groceries-expresscom/Madison-Heights-Michigan-48071/The-Vernors-Store-wwwgroceries-expresscom-Sent-donuts-8-days-past-expire-date-and-wo-1057814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Groceries-express.com