Complaint Review: Grooms Insurance Agency - Allstate Insurance Agency -- Linda Grooms

• Submitted: Fri, August 19, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, August 19, 2005

• Reported By:Tallahassee Florida
Grooms Insurance Agency - Allstate Insurance Agency -- Linda Grooms
3121 Springbank #A Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

Grooms Insurance Agency - Linda Grooms - Allstate Insurance Agency RIPOFF Paid off Beach House loan that I was a partner in without my knowledge Charlotte North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Your Beef is with the Agent, not Allstate

To everyone who deals with Allstate Agents:

I suggest you change companies and check your policies. The Allstate agents are unethical, they lie and they cheat, all to make a buck. Let me tell you about an Allstate Agent - Ms. Linda M. Grooms with the Grooms Insurance Agency located at 3121 Springbank, #A in Charlotte, NC 28226.

My husband and I were planning to partner with Ms Grooms and her husband, Mr. Joe Grooms on a beach house at Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina. The four of us could only qualify to get the loan to purchase the beach house and lot with all four of our incomes. All four of us closed on the beach house in January of 2003. The Allstate Agent, Ms. Linda Grooms, would not convey the deed into our names. She proceeded to get another loan and paid off the loan we had closed on without our knowledge while we were making payments to the bank in March of 2003.

We were no longer owners of the house and the lot or on the construction contract with the builder. They had even talked the builder, Mr. Steve Harden, out of having us on the contract, again without our knowledge!

After a law suit and a long drawn out court case that occurred in September 2004, the Grooms had to pay us $200,000.00.

Thanks ALLSTATE, you have surrounded yourself with unethical and dishonest sales representatives and agents. I would not buy insurance from your company if it was the last company on earth. So remember, when they say "YOUR IN GOOD HANDS" Dont believe it. Please forward my email to all of your friends, neighbors, relatives, and anyone else who may be carrying Allstate as their insurance provider or dealing with an Allstate Agent.

Donna
Tallahassee, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2005 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grooms-Insurance-Agency-Allstate-Insurance-Agency-Linda-Grooms/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28226/Grooms-Insurance-Agency-Linda-Grooms-Allstate-Insurance-Agency-RIPOFF-Paid-off-Beach-H-154224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grooms Insurance Agency - Allstate Insurance Agency -- Linda Grooms

Your Beef is with the Agent, not Allstate

AUTHOR: Greg - (U.S.A.)

I'm sorry you were scammed by this agent but it was just one agent and not an entire insurance company. Furthermore, you entered into a personal business venture with someone who happened to be an Allstate agent. It doesn't appear there were any issues relating to INSURANCE. It's unfortunate that it soured but don't blame every agent on the planet for the actions of one bad apple.