Complaint Review: Group Of Publishers Sweepstakes/ Ford Corporation Financial

• Updated: Sun, September 28, 2008

• Reported By:Peoria Illinois
Group Of Publishers Sweepstakes/ Ford Corporation Financial
86005 Dewdney Truck Rd Mission, British Columbia Canada

Group Of Publishers Sweepstakes / Ford Corporation Financial International Promotions/Prize Award Dept Scam!!! Mission British Columbia

I received this letter from the Ford Corporate Financial/Group of Publishers, this is what it read:

Congradulations! We are pleased to inform you that you are a Winner! In the international promotions prize sweepstakes lottery program, which was held on September 14th 2008. Your name was attached to ticket 003318700 with the serial number AX7002219 and drew the lucky numbers and consequently won the lottery prize in the first category of 85,000.00 DOLLARS

We tried to contact youby phone but unfortunately we were unable to reach you. (Which my phone was disconnected a week before, so it was believable) The purpose of this letter is to explain how you can claim your cash prize. For you to be able to claim your prize there are fees of a calculat amount of $2980.00. Enclosed is a check payable to you in the above amount. Please before cashing you check, you have to call to confirm that you have received the letter with the enclosed check. An amount representing 5% will be deducted from your cash prize to repay the fees.

To elaborate more this draw was held in Las Vegas, Neveda. Moreover if we do not hear from you in three weeks from the date this letter was sent, your file will be closed and you will no longer be able to claim you winnings. For more information please contact your representative Ms Elizabeth Burns at the following number 1-450-369-0340.

Now I am not one who falls easily for scams, until now. I do occassionly sign up for sweepstakes or contest so I thought it was legit as did my bank. I recently lost my job, so I thought it was a godsend.

I was told by "Elizabeth" to send 2 separate payments one of 800.00 for the fees and one of 2100.00 for the IRS. Which was done.

I looked up the phone number I called on yellow pages.com and this is what it said

(450) 369-0340
Type: Cell Phone
Provider: Fido Solutions
Location: Valleyfield, Qc, QC

I called Fido and this is a prepaid cell phone and on prepaid accounts they do not have to use their personal information to have service

I can not believe I fell for this scam! Hopefully my bank will work with me to pay this off

Peoria, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2008 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Group-Of-Publishers-Sweepstakes-Ford-Corporation-Financial/Mission-British-Columbia-V2V-6S2/Group-Of-Publishers-Sweepstakes-Ford-Corporation-Financial-International-PromotionsPriz-376737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Group Of Publishers Sweepstakes/ Ford Corporation Financial