factory

Groupon, Inc
600 W Chicago Ave, Ste 400, Chicago, IL 60654 Internet United States of America

Groupon, Inc Groupon Refuses to Refund , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Investigation into Groupon practices

"If the merchant refuses to redeem this voucher because the promotional value has expired or for any other reason, Groupon will refund the purchaser the amount paid. Period."

When I accidently bought two vouchers (really no idea how) for a hair cut and highlights for $59, I called the salon to ask if it would be okay to use the second voucher to cover the cost of anything additional, like longer than shoulder length hair. It was clear that only one voucher customer could be used so I wanted to make sure. The salon said that it would be no problem.

When I arrived at the salon a month or so later they refused to accept the second voucher and told me I would have to see Groupon about getting a refund. No problem, they have that promise written on the voucher (above). I paid for the extra services and then emailed Groupon to ask for a refund.

After a long wait, I received a response from Groupon. They refused to redeem my voucher and told me to give it to a worthy friend. I wrote back to explain I do not have a worthy friend in Atlanta to give it to and that I had moved to Chicago. They basically wrote back and said too bad - I had only seven days from purchase to redeem.

So the salon won't redeem, Groupon won't refund and I have not had the service. I am disappointed they are being so sneaky. I won't recommend them and I can't imagine how they can continue to operate like this and be successful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2013 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Groupon-Inc/internet/Groupon-Inc-Groupon-Refuses-to-Refund-Internet-1000783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Groupon, Inc

Investigation into Groupon practices

AUTHOR: flainvestigation - (United States of America)

Our law firm investigates smaller cases of this nature for purposes of pursuing an action on behalf of all similarly situated individuals.  We would be interested in speaking with you further about your dispute with Groupon.

Ewusiak & Roberts, P.A.