Complaint Review: Groupon

• Submitted: Wed, March 16, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, March 21, 2011

• Reported By: Flexlegal — Corona California USA
Groupon
600 Chicago Ave Suite 620, Chicago Illinois 60654 Internet United States of America

Groupon Groupon ripoff scheme for movie tickets on Fandango for $6, actually $15.50 total. Don't buy from them. Internet

*Consumer Comment: I agree Groupon is shady

*Author of original report: Groupon refunded

I got ripped by "Groupon" today, thought their $6 movie ticket was a good deal to see Lincoln Lawyer releasing next Friday. Actually, when I established an account on Fandango based on their instructions, Fandango charged another $9.50 in addition to the $6 the Groupon charged.

I also purchased some other coupons from Groupon for various restaurants including Citrus Grill. They don't pan out later.
The restaurant (Citrus Grill in Corona, CA ) rejected the coupon using very idiotic excuses like:"Oh, this coupon is ONLY food for ordering normal priced items, your ordered a Pix-Fix item so that takes it out of the coupon, if you order another $25 then we'll substract $12 from your bill if you'd like"

So, beware. I am just angry about this kind of petty theft. But it is not so petty  If you add up all the $6 that  Groupon gets over the net today, it might add up to tens of thousands.

Consumers unite! Don't let them rip us off! Don't purchase anything from Groupon. There is no free lunch.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2011 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Groupon/internet/Groupon-Groupon-ripoff-scheme-for-movie-tickets-on-Fandango-for-6-actually-1550-total-706919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Groupon

I agree Groupon is shady

AUTHOR: Dave - ()

I referred a friend and am still waiting for my $10 referral bonus.  They never told me there's a 10 day wait until after my friend joined.  Anyway, now we're on day 12.  I had stock in the company but sold it.  If they treat people this bad they won't last.

Groupon refunded

AUTHOR: Flexlegal - (USA)

This is a follow up to my complaint against Groupon for the misleading discount of $6 per ticket. I succeeded in getting my refund from Groupon after they investigated my complaint and they said that the promotional code should have worked but they were sorry it didn't.

I am satisfied with their prompt action in refunding the money back to my credit card.