Complaint Review: Groupon

• Submitted: Mon, January 14, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By: TheTBOss — VICTORVILLE California United States of America
Groupon

Groupon Purchased event tickets and was unable to go due to work. When I contacted Groupon they stated that they had a 7 day refund policy. This was the ripoff because you had to purchase the tickets in adv , Internet

I purchased event tickets to see the Queen Mary and the Ice Chill in December 2012.  This is a seasonal event and you had to purchase the tickets at least 3-4 weeks in advance of the event.  I was unable to attend due to work.  I contacted the customer service department and was told that since the 7 day purchase window was already elapsed there was nothing they could do.  The 7 day purchase window was expired before I would have attended the event.  In other words, once they have your money, they don't care what happens.  I tried multiple times to speak with representatives of the company but they refused to refund my money.  It was over $100!

Additionally we purchased tickets for one other event (only $15) to see Repticon.  It was supposed to be a convention on reptiles, snakes and spiders and a family show.  This was also a RIPOFF.  It was a sales convention of vendors just selling the animals and their supplies.  No shows and almost no interaction/education about the animals.  I usually don't pay a salesman to sell me something.

I know they won't refund my money, but maybe this will help someone else before they get bilked out of their hard earned cash. The deals are NOT deals and they won't give you back your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 03:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Groupon/internet/Groupon-Purchased-event-tickets-and-was-unable-to-go-due-to-work-When-I-contacted-Group-996791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Groupon