released

• Submitted: Thu, January 31, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2013

• Reported By: deb — Palm Beach Gardens Florida United States of America
Groupon

Groupon Would Not Honor There Own Refund Policy When The Merchant Would'nt Honor Groupon, Internet

I bought a groupon for myself to have laser hair removal.  What I didn't know was that my husband and my dad also bought me the same groupon and gifted them to me for my Christmas presents.  When I tried to make the laser hair removal appointments, they said they could only honor one groupon per new client.  Since neither my 75 year old dad or my husband want laser hair removal, I went back to Groupon to see what I could do.

Right on the Groupon itself it says that their policy for a Redemption and Refund is: "...If the merchant refuses to honor this voucher because the promotional value has expired or for any other reason, Groupon will refund the purchaser the amount paid. Period."  But, when I called Groupon, they refused to give a refund or to even exchange the money ($200) into Groupon Bucks that I could use towards future Groupons.  In fact, the three times I called the customer service number I was put on perpetual hold twice and hung up on by a manager the third time.  My husband (one of the purchasers of the Groupon) was met with similar not so pleasant customer service reps when he called in as well.

Why am I claiming it to be a Ripoff?  (#1) No goods or services have changed hands, but they get to keep the $200?  And (#2) that is the opposite of what their own refund policy states?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2013 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Groupon/internet/Groupon-Would-Not-Honor-There-Own-Refund-Policy-When-The-Merchant-Wouldnt-Honor-Groupon-1006861. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Groupon