Complaint Review: Grou.ps

• Updated: Sat, November 24, 2012

• Reported By: Roddy — Towson Maryland United States of America
Grou.ps
530 University Avenue P Internet United States of America

Grou.ps Grou.ps is a Vicious Scam! Beware! Unauthorized Charges! Upgraded my Account to cover Scam!

Do Not Sign Up For Grou.ps social networking! My name is Roddy. I am a website designer. Grou.ps out of CA is a complete Scam! They have stolen $60.06 from my card last week which I had to dispute and $62.39 from my card today! They have stolen money from account every single week since I signed up for there 7 day free trial Bronze Plan which is advertised at $1.95/Month with a 10% discount with the code "First_Time_User"! I cannot believe I am having to deal with this. I checked my email while to get information for my credit card company to dispute and remove the amount stolen and got an email from them on today at 2:04 pm saying "Thank You for Upgrading your account!" I never even logged-in to the
account to upgrade anything. My last time ever logging into the account was last week. When I disputed the first charge of $60.06 with my credit card company and the scam company Grou.ps, I received an email from a representative named "Jennifer" who stated in her email "Congradulation, You have not been charged!" and sent me some statement that I never even received. I copied proof of the charge in the message sent to them which see responded to with the same proof attached to it! Today and am
charged $62.39 and My account was switched to the silver plan by this company! I am the victim a horrible scam. I do not have time to deal with this fraud! The company uses a third-party company called "Charify"
or "Charify.com" to process there payments. My first thought was that the payment processor screwed up the first stolen charge. But Now I know that is not the case because my account was upgraded by the Grou.ps to hide the scam. In less than 3 weeks, I have been charged over $166 by this company! If you have had this same problem please contact me. Help prevent online scams like this one. I will not stop until this online crime is stopped. Grou.ps is a Scam without question. I have all proof if needed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2012 06:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Groups/internet/Groups-Groups-is-a-Vicious-Scam-Beware-Unauthorized-Charges-Upgraded-my-Account-to-c-973031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grou.ps