Complaint Review: Growquest Growers

• Updated: Sun, May 29, 2011

• Reported By: Falcontracker — Conroe Texas United States of America
Growquest Growers
1069 East Main Street Santa Paula, California United States of America

Growquest Growers Christopher M. Gilcrest GrowQuest Growers: will not send order, will not answer phone, will not answer e-mails.... Santa Paula, California

*UPDATE Employee: Chris Gilcrest

I wanted to add some new roses to my rose bed this year, and found that Growquest Growers had the 5 roses I needed; I ordered them March 17, 2011, and the total was $135.26.
I paid with Chase 'Quick Pay', but Mr Gilcrest finally wrote back and stated he had just gotten married
and was behind with everything; so behind that he didn't accept my 'Quick Pay' payment within the 10 day time frame. I wrote GrowQuest several times, attempting to get an update on the status of my order, with no results; I finally sent a cashiers check for $140, and did receive an e-mail back from Mr Gilcrest thanking me for the payment. Still, no roses. Still, no response to e-mails, and every time I called I was transferred to voice mail.
How do you deal with someone like this ? I've dealt with many of the nurseries and rose companies on the internet and have never had any problems as far as communication and receipt of merchandise.
I live in TX. I'm not sure if I start with the Texas AG, start with a federal agency, or what.
I have e-mails from Mr Gilcrest acknowledging receipt of my check, a copy of my order with the 5 roses
listed....I mean, whata' 'ya have to do with someone like this ??!!!!
There's no telling how much this character makes off of people unfamiliar with his "no send" scheme.
Any questions answered, and help appreciated. It's actually more about the principal of the thing now than the money.
Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2011 07:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Growquest-Growers/Santa-Paula-California-93060/Growquest-Growers-Christopher-M-Gilcrest-GrowQuest-Growers-will-not-send-order-will-not-727442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Growquest Growers

Chris Gilcrest

AUTHOR: michaelduncan - (United States of America)

I worked for Chris a few days a couple months ago. He has been ripping people off for years now I have found out, and almost ripped me off. I was warned by a grower when I was picking up trees for Chris. True to form Chris pulled every trick the guy told me he would. I came out with some trees and delivery gear. Thats how I started selling trees. I hadn't planned to do any roses, but I know where to get them. As for getting your money back from Chris, it might be a while if ever. I saw him get handcuffed and taken away, then back out 2 hours later. The Ventura County D A is investigating, but he deliberately makes a confusing mess to sort out, and sends some orders sometimes. Or has guys like me deliver and plant, but never get around to paying us. He is clever and deliberate. If I can help you with information, or getting anything let me know. I know where his newest nursery location is if he is still there, he was just moving to a place last I saw him. Not like there is any merchandise there, I never saw more than 30-40 trees and roses combined.