Complaint Review: Growthink, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, April 30, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, April 30, 2014

• Reported By: Philip — Scottsdale Arizona
Growthink, Inc.
Internet USA

Growthink, Inc. Deceptive Trade Practices Seattle Washington

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Customer Service Manager Response

In December I purchased at www.growthink.com a template for a business plan. It cost $97. I was traveling and did not see the additional charges to my CC. After two months I noticed the charges and tried to have them removed. I called “Kenneth” at Growthink today and he informed me that I had agreed to the charges, which I had not.  He stated that they had emailed me a receipt after the initial purchase which stated that I had a free offer to check their Growthink Ultimate or something and then below, written in small it said that if I did not cancel this they would charge me $97 a month. This was a very misleading email because you are buying a product and you never intended to buy a monthly subscription of $97 per month. When I asked to be refunded the monthly $97 they said their billing department would get with me but that they did not owe me a refund. I believe that this is deceptive trade practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2014 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Growthink-Inc/internet/Growthink-Inc-Deceptive-Trade-Practices-Seattle-Washington-1143038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Growthink, Inc.

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Customer Service Manager Response

AUTHOR: Megan - ()

Hi, I am the customer service manager at Growthink. We do offer a membership program called Growthink's Insider Circle. This monthly membership has three levels of access and pricing which is why you saw an ongoing for $97 and another ongoing for $47/$49. Some (too) quickly click through the screens and do not realize they have selected/agreed to ongoing membership. It is clearly stated on the customers purchase summary that they have a membership on their account which can be cancelled at any time.

In any regard, this customer contacted our customer service department about the charges on his account. Our representative explained the aspects and policies of the membership program, as we have hundreds of customers that are extremely happy with our membership.

This issue was brought to my attention directly after the call ended. The representative explained both sided of the story, to which I promptly issued a refund for all the membership fees. My rep then sent an email confirming the refund.

The customer’s membership fees have been refunded.