Complaint Review: Grucci Sphynx

Grucci Sphynx
3 Bellport ave bellport, New York USA

Grucci Sphynx Lisa Grucci Sphynx kitten buyers beware bellport New York

*General Comment: Monty and Buddy

*Author of original report: All is fine

*Author of original report: trying to understand

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Gruccisphynx Defense

Lisa Grucci of Grucci Sphynx sold me a congenial Heart Defective kitten admits all her kittens have this and refuses yo do anything or stand behind her breedings...When notified two weeks after I bought the kitten she stated "all her kitten have heart issues its in the breed not her lines" My kitten barely made it through surgery and hes not sure of life expectancy.I call Lisa Grucci 2 days after Spay surgery she  was beyond  rude and un caring .Hopefully some one will shut down her breeding program and she will test her cats before using them as breeders.Her costly kittens are more costly to own in the long run.VERY SAD  as we love thus little girl and had we known we would have looked else where.Beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2014 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grucci-Sphynx/bellport-New-York/Grucci-Sphynx-Lisa-Grucci-Sphynx-kitten-buyers-beware-bellport-New-York-1113893. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grucci Sphynx

#1 General Comment

Monty and Buddy

AUTHOR: Tracy S - ()

I have purchased 2 kittens from Grucci Sphynx from 2 separate litters months apart. My 2 cats are young, healthy and very lovable. I have had no health issues with either cat. I have spoken to Lisa on many occasions, she has always been professional and caring. I have nothing but good things to say about Grucci Sphynx.

All is fine

AUTHOR: Dee - ()

I spoke with Lisa Grucci and she has promised to make good on the kitty. I have tried to remove this complaint and have to wait until the Editor of  this site agrees  to do so.Lisa Grucci is having ALL  her cats tested and therefore I see NO REASON not too purchase a kitten from Lisa.I hope the "Powers to be" see it in their hearts to Remove  this post.Thank you

trying to understand

AUTHOR: Dee - ()

first off my name is Debbiesue, but that is neither here nor there.Lisa when I first called you I was kind my exact words were aftrr introducing myself. Was "I hate too bother you and this is not a call any breeder likes to get"  but you were rude uncompassionate and uncaring about the issue.at first you told me that there was another cat that had a  similiar issue so much so that the vet had put off fixing the kitten...you then went on to tell me that "I should have done my research prior to buying this cat as they all have heart issues "Which is not true.

you never once in our conversation asked how the kitten was doing your response was "Exactly what do you want me to do?" It was at that point that I made the remark.. that perhaps you should test all of your breeders or close your breeding program.I spoke with the HCM  Sphynx heart clinic I ommited your name when telling the story as it was not my intention to ruin your reputation it is my intention however to get your attention.... Hence this report..

They explained to me that there are no laws of course that govern how you breed but most breeders of this type of cat do testing prior to a program of breeding.You told me quote "None of your adults have this condition..Then wrote a letter to Judy saying you will have the Mother cat tested.I am Thankful in your letter too Judy you were kinder..I understand you are breeding only 5 years butbreeding any animal is about eradicating the issues not promoting them.Had you been kinder to me on the phone that day considering what is going on  instead of getting all Defensive this would not even be taking place but I could see that you didn't care not about the kitten and not about me as a client..

One last thing you also just heard that you had told Judy that you offered to take the kitten back after 2 weeks when the MY Vet firsted noted the issue this kitten is not a pair of shoes that you exchange out I purchased her and I plan to give her a life whether it be for a year or 5 years and I plan to do what I can to help her I have nothing more to say except I hope that you will do the right thing and test all of your breeders from here on in so that nobody else and no other little creature has to  have this heartache.Thank you

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Gruccisphynx Defense

AUTHOR: Lisa Grucci - ()

As owner of Gruccisphynx I feel it is only right to be able to defend the negative comment left about Gruccisphynx from Sue in Selden on 01/08/2014.  I was in contact with the purchaser of said kitten, two weeks after purchase who by the way is not Sue and she told me the kitten had a heart murmur.  I explained that this is a common health issue in cats in general not just sphynx breed. I told the purchaser to keep me in touch that most likely the kitten will out grow the murmur.  I never heard from them again until 4 months later telling me the kitten almost died in the spaying surge ry and what was I going to do about it.

That was only yesterday,  01/08/2014.  I told Sue to send me the vet report and I will look it over.  Today I received an email from purchaser telling me her story and that she feels it only fair for me to refund half the money to Sue.  I agreed I would be more then willing to refund the money after I saw vet report.  I do stand by my cats and Sue's vet says the other kittens in litter will have same issues as it is a genetic defect.  I have not heard from any other owner and there were 3 other kittens in same litter.

I NEVER told Sue all my cats have a heart murmur, I said most cats have heart murmurs.  My cats are healthy.  Sue feels I should close down my breeding business because of one sick kitten.  I have been breeding for over 5 and never came across such issues.  I have a very reputable business and have had many reaccuring extremly happy purchasers over these years.  I was also willing to take sick kitten back right after she told me the kitten was sick and give her another kitten but Sue and purchasers did not want another kitten.