Complaint Review: Grundy Worldwide

• Reported By: redejag — Stgatesville North Carolina
Grundy Worldwide
400 Horsham Road, Horsham, PA Horsham, Pennsylvania United States of America

Grundy Worldwide Grundy Auto Insurance Bait-And-Switch Horsham, Pennsylvania

Shoping for auto insurance for my two classic Jaguars, I remembered advertizements on TV for Grundy Worldwide.  I googled them, went to their site, and requested a quote.  The quote was VERY low!  I e-mailed them again, to clarify my quote, and they responded with virtually the same quote.  Since it was less than half what I was paying, I e-mailed them again, listing the coverage that I presently had and requesting that they re-check to make sure that there were no errors.  They raised my coverage to the 'agreed value' and slightly increased my premium.

I filled out the forms, sent pictures, registrations, and other car information along with my check for a year's premium.  Two weeks later, they send me an e-mail stating that my cars do not qualify for the 'classic' car insurance and must be covered by their 'exotic' car insurance at more than DOUBLE the quoted premium.  I e-mailed them back that I thougt this was a 'bait-and-switch' tactic or that they were 'phishing' and to clarify their position.  They have not responded.  I'm stopping payment on my check today.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2013 06:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grundy-Worldwide/Horsham-Pennsylvania-19044/Grundy-Worldwide-Grundy-Auto-Insurance-Bait-And-Switch-Horsham-Pennsylvania-1034970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grundy Worldwide